Anyone know the system requirements?

NankingDan

Chieftain
Does anyone have an idea/ informed speculation about what kind of system requirements it will take to run Civ4? I sure hope my cranky computer can run it without having to buy a fancy graphics/video card...

NankingDan said:
Does anyone have an idea/ informed speculation about what kind of system requirements it will take to run Civ4? I sure hope my cranky computer can run it without having to buy a fancy graphics/video card...

Pre-release Info said:
The Minimum System Requirements for the game are: 1 GHz CPU, 256MB RAM, and a 32MB video card with hardware transform and lighting capabilities. The recommended Specifications are: 512MB of ram, Pentium4 processor, and a recent graphics card (like the Radeon 9800).
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/info/#requirements

Hope that helps. :)

I guess it would be around the same as for the Pirates game as civ4 is based on a modified version of the engine.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to shell out even more money for the upgrade.

And what about the REAL requirements? for example civ3 doesnt run that good on a huge map with 31 civs on my p4 3 gz geforce5700. It is still slowed down due to the half gigabyte of ram ( :lol: a civ game that needs 1 gb of ram to run ok)

I probably have to upgrade my graphics card, since Rome: Total War is messed up when I play it, but, I figure Civ4 can't be much more resource intensive, so I hope that I'll be fine after I do that.

varwnos said:
And what about the REAL requirements? for example civ3 doesnt run that good on a huge map with 31 civs

Not surprising considering that standard size maps (with 7 AI opponents) were what the recommended specs referred to.

Top Bottom