MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

I think you should restart (And not because I'm in a pretty bad situation XD). If you have to revise the ruleset, restartring is the best choice. Also I think you should write some awards (at least I will be able to get "Biggest fall" or something similar XD).

But we can still win Flavius! Don't lose heart!:p Seriously I agree with the others. If you want to revise the rule-set restart.

Yeah, we can still hope in a meteror strike hitting Gaul :lol:

Co-ordination could help as well! I had a brilliant plan for this turn though. Set up strong defensive lines manned by your units and some of mine. Leave a gap in it and the enemy charge through. Envelop them with my elite forces hidden beyond the defensive line. Set-piece battle and a decisive victory in the bag.

NB: If this does continue the above information is OOC. Don't let Charles Li or Germanicus use this to their advantage Milarqui.

Put this on hiatus until exams are over or restart it with an altered rule set (I know how much we spoke about it)...both are good with me. I would play as the Koopa Kingdom regardless.

Yeah, hiatus would be fine. I really don't want to start all over again :mad:
Did that too often!
I still believe MilarNES has potential if given the chance to continue. If this one stops it's just like CrezNES: it ends when it gets interesting.

@Mil: I'll give you all my support to continue this NES. As far as I'm concerned it's unique! Just say what needs be done ;)

Start with a specific cradle (red/green areas on the map)

This will mean we can interact with each other from the off rather than 20+ updates of mindless expansion.

The cradle idea was already one I planned to implement in MilarNES II. I realised that the game was boring at the start because not many people were near enough to meet and make this interesting.

The Mediterranean, the Middle East, China-India and the Gulf of Mexico should do great as good cradles, no?

Make it like Rise of Mankind Multiplied by Rhye's Fall of Civilization to the Exponent of Civilization Revolution Mod. :p

EDIT: Toggling on Agressive Barbarians, Fluid Cradles, Cradle Bonuses, Extracradle bonuses (better military), migrating barbs, Independent cities.

No offense, Charles Li, but I disagree with each and every one of your suggestions. You are essentially making the game harder and progress slower, while in my eyes: success is what keeps players interested in playing a game. Now, you can't guarantee that everyone is successfull, but your suggestions are doing a great job at guaranteeing that everyone is a whole lot less successfull.

What I don't want: Exponential Growth.

What I see: Babylonian Exponential Growth on techs.

What to Change: Technologies are long affairs, projects are much more short term. Other thant he early technologies, the newest findings are much, much harder to figure out, and they are much, much more decisive. Sharing technology means sharing secrets and brining a nation decades foward.

I am ashamed of myself to expand so fast, I feel evil for expanding so fast, and I feel giddy that the 'Mean Forest Tribes of Germanics' just kissed my toes. Barbs should be a nuisense, you gain experiance from fighting them but they wear you down. Independent cities are stronger, and often hold technologies that they keep to themselves. Migrating barbs terrorized civs, Civs evolve over time, changing systems, dynasties.

I want thus: Agressive Barbs, light gray can kill a unit if advancing isn't well planned. Dark Gray can iniciate raids if they see an opening.

Independent cities are trading states without stats and hold at least one or two techs. They also appear after a civ collaspes.

Migrating Barbs are fluid independent city barbs with military techs to learn from. Stirups came from Central Asian tribes and Persians.

If you want, I will start my own game.

also, Vuruchen, the Silk Road, for many thousands of years, was just a collection of barbs. If we do have it as a cradle of civilized thought (+ep and tech to start) then it would be almost, barely, one tile thick until it reaches the Iranian Plateu or the Yellow River.

Guys, I have started a new thread for MilarNES II. There, you can discuss your opinions on what should be changed from MilarNES: Birth Of A Civilization so that the gameplay can be better and that you have more fun.

@Arian, D'artagnan: Sorry, guys, but even you have to admit that this NES had many mistakes. I plan to make it so you can have more fun.

EDIT: I'll post away an awards list for those who have played the best in this game.

Top Bottom