Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

You can add amazon.at for Austria, which is technically the same as amazon.de just with Austrian taxes. The price is 44.34 € and it should be shipped Sept 24.

Thanks, Dale. Added. Btw, It's an odd price difference with Mighty Ape, who now has $73.99. Would you know if Mighty Ape.com.au actually prices in AU$ as well? (although their price does appear to fluctuate a little with the exchange rate, last week it was $72.99)

I believe they ship from NZ, but price on the Aussie store in AUD. I notice on your link regular price is $90 AUD but discounted. Don't forget with that price there is a $4.90 shipping charge to AU or NZ.

To other Aussies reading this, I'd wait for JB HiFi to list their price. They're usually cheaper than EB or Game.

Spelbutiken.se is selling Civ5 for 418 SEK and Game.se for 449, both including shipping. That's the cheapest I could find in Sweden. Pretty ok prices IMHO.

That's about 55 and 60 USD respectively.

Edit: Sorry, saw they had both been mentioned already. One of the prices needs to be updated though.

You can add amazon.at for Austria, which is technically the same as amazon.de just with Austrian taxes. The price is 44.34 € and it should be shipped Sept 24.

I believe they ship from NZ, but price on the Aussie store in AUD. I notice on your link regular price is $90 AUD but discounted. Don't forget with that price there is a $4.90 shipping charge to AU or NZ.

To other Aussies reading this, I'd wait for JB HiFi to list their price. They're usually cheaper than EB or Game.
Thanks. Added/updated all three. So far mighty ape leads the way, but let's see what JB makes of it :)

Several updates, see the OP for details:
  1. Amazon.com now also offers the Special Edition ad USD 99.99
  2. Amazon.ca now also offers the Special Edition at CAD 99.99
  3. Amazon.ca Regular Edition includes the pre-order bonus Cradle of Civilization: Asia map pack
  4. EBGames now also offers the Special Edition at USD 99.99
  5. Pricing on Amazon.de and Amazon.at lowered to 42.94
  6. Play.com offers added for UK and Europe
  7. Webhallen (Sweden) lowered price to 395 SEK
  8. Webhallen (Sweden) now also offers the Special Edition at SEK 799
  9. Two web shops added for France
  10. Two web shops added for the Netherlands
Note that the Amazon Special Edition does not (yet) appear to include the Cradle of Civilization: Asia map pack. Also the CivFanatics pre-order link doesn't appear to include it.

Several updates, see the OP for details:
  1. Amazon.com now also offers the Special Edition ad USD 99.99
  2. Amazon.ca now also offers the Special Edition at CAD 99.99
  3. Amazon.ca Regular Edition includes the pre-order bonus Cradle of Civilization: Asia map pack
  4. EBGames now also offers the Special Edition at USD 99.99
  5. Pricing on Amazon.de and Amazon.at lowered to 42.94
  6. Play.com offers added for UK and Europe
  7. Two web shops added for France
Note that the Amazon Special Edition does not (yet) appear to include the Cradle of Civilization: Asia map pack. Also the CivFanatics pre-order link doesn't appear to include it.

Thanks I was looking for a Canadian or American retailer.

CS

Webhallen (Sweden) now offers a pre-purchase bonus. It's the first time I see: Cradle of Civilization: The Mediterranean.

Here's the info:

Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: The Mediterranean
The period of Classical Antiquity saw the rise of city states from Phoenicia, Greece, and later Rome and Persia. Their struggles all centered on the great sea in the “Middle of the Earth”, hence the name Mediterranean. This map will cover the entire Mediterranean basin including the nearby peninsulas and coasts where these great empires grew and prospered.

Webhallen (Sweden) now offers a pre-purchase bonus. It's the first time I see: Cradle of Civilization: The Mediterranean.

Here's the info:

Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: The Mediterranean
The period of Classical Antiquity saw the rise of city states from Phoenicia, Greece, and later Rome and Persia. Their struggles all centered on the great sea in the “Middle of the Earth”, hence the name Mediterranean. This map will cover the entire Mediterranean basin including the nearby peninsulas and coasts where these great empires grew and prospered.
Oh, that's a new map pack indeed! Now we have three map packs: Asia, Mesopotamia and Mediterranian. I cannot believe those map packs won't be available as DLC later, but so far that's not been confirmed.

And this adds two more choices (versions or configurations, if you will) for people in Sweden.

Yet another map-pack in Sweden, now on cdon.se. Heres the info:

* Cradle of Civilization: The Americas

Although civilization blossomed later in the western hemisphere, the region from Peru in the south to Mexico in the north was just as important as an incubator for the development of ancient cultures. This map would span this rugged area of jungles and highlands.

Yet another map-pack in Sweden, now on cdon.se. Heres the info:

* Cradle of Civilization: The Americas

Although civilization blossomed later in the western hemisphere, the region from Peru in the south to Mexico in the north was just as important as an incubator for the development of ancient cultures. This map would span this rugged area of jungles and highlands.

Heh, I tried to google for "Cradle of Civilization: Americas" this morning and didn't find anything. I also tried to find the 5th one about the African cradle, but no such luck yet.

I see CDON.se also lowered its price to 399. Their Special Edition is rather steep at 999 SEK versus 799 on Webhallen, and no pre-order bonus on it. Will incorporate this in the two threads.

Edit: CDON.no CDON.fi and CDON.dk also offer this pre-order bonus in Norway, Finland and Denmark, respectively. The CDON.eu doesn't appear to have games.

Wait. D2D Deluxe Preorder includes 2 new civs? What's the other?

Wait. D2D Deluxe Preorder includes 2 new civs? What's the other?
Actually deluxe is Babylon + 2 more on D2D (but you have to wait!)
Here is the comparison between Steam and D2D that I posted in another thread (in excruciating detail):
Spoiler :
Steam and D2D both sell the Standard and Deluxe versions and both have different pre-order bonuses:

On D2D you can buy these configurations:
  • $59.95 for Deluxe* + pre-order DLC Bonus**
  • $49.95 for Standard + pre-order DLC bonus**
On Steam you can buy these configurations:
  • $59.95 for Deluxe* + pre-order Mappack Bonus***
  • $49.95 for Standard + pre-order Mappack Bonus***

*Deluxe = Standard + Babylon + soundtrack + behind the scenes video
**DLC Bonus = One free premium DLC Pack (An additional 2 Civs + scenario, Avail. late 2010) + Civ3 complete
***Mappack Bonus = One free Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Mesopotamia

So in terms of how many civs you get

18 - Steam Standard
19 - Steam Deluxe
20 - D2D Standard (18 until DLC is avail. later in the year)
21 - D2D Deluxe (19 until DLC is avail. later in the year)

My God! And I've never heard of this? PREORDERING NOW!!!!

I don't know if it's worth a mention, but I just pre-ordered from Game uk.
I used topcashback.co.uk and got 6% cashback.
Add that to the 5% worth I get back in points (I have a Game card) and that takes it down to around £20 :D
Well chuffed and I know Game are pretty good at delivering on the release date.

Finland:
CDon.fi Special Edition €99.95
http://cdon.fi/pelit/civilization_v_special_edition-11232425

It seems to me that the Special editions do not get pre-order bonuses - is this true? :o
This appears to be correct. On CDON (for Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden) I did not see the preorder bonus mentioned.

Further updates ... Prices keep dropping. Amazon.de is now down to EUR 40.84, Bol.de to 43.95, Wehkamp.nl to EUR 42.50, Game.com.au down to AUD 89.00, Megastore.se to SEK 379. :D

Finally found two webshops in Spain that sell Civ5. They want to be in the game so much, but selling ... :mischief:

Has anyone sent a question to Amazon.co.uk yet why they aren't listing the Special Edition? That would be my first choice to order the game from, but...

Top Bottom