Patch updates

Yes StrategyOnly is and several others I'm pretty sure do to.

It's possible that you have a bad D/L. Something may have been corrupted.

If you have a good ISP try Re D/l'ing it then unpack it in a folder out side of the Civ/Bts directory. Once unpacked (unzipped, unrar'ed etc.) then copy paste the Mod into the C:/..../BtS/Mod folder.

With Win 7 be sure to be running as Administrator and Not user.

Hopefully Strategy or one of the other Win 7 x64 users will drop by and confirm what I've posted.

JosEPh :)

Yes StrategyOnly is and several others I'm pretty sure do to.

It's possible that you have a bad D/L. Something may have been corrupted.

If you have a good ISP try Re D/l'ing it then unpack it in a folder out side of the Civ/Bts directory. Once unpacked (unzipped, unrar'ed etc.) then copy paste the Mod into the C:/..../BtS/Mod folder.

With Win 7 be sure to be running as Administrator and Not user.

Hopefully Strategy or one of the other Win 7 x64 users will drop by and confirm what I've posted.

JosEPh :)
Also make sure to delete the entire old mod folder before extracting the new download. Old files remaining can have bad effect.

Thanks guys. I'll try another download and try to follow your suggestions. Hopefully another Win7 64 person will let me know if they too have problems.

I am running win7 64 with no problems - and using a user account to boot ;)
you should really make sure the install folder that the game is running from as well as your my games folder allow read/write access for your user account...

Thank you very much. I now know that it is my set up that is in fault and not the op sys.

I just download the C2C again and started a new game to see the results. I will keep trying until I get it right.

Buck

Update to V18 posted - see top post of this thread...

"October 18th: Update for the benefit of non-SVN users:"

I don't know if I am one or not? I just use everything in the version 18 package.

SVN users are beta users. They have access to all the latest new stuff at the cost of it sometimes not working. If you are getting your C2C from the main down load the you aren't an SVN user and probably need the patch.

I'm getting the following on trying to load the mod following the patches update today:

Failed Loading XML file
modules\Custom_Units\Neanderthal_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml

It's a parsing error.

Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.
Expecting: {x-schema:Neanderthal_CIV4UnitsSchema.xml}iMaxLocalDensity
Line 34,18
Source: <iGlobalTurns>25<i/GlobalTurns>

So I should hold off on the Assets file then? Or fix the spelling errors myself?

JosEPh

I'm getting the following on trying to load the mod following the patches update today:

Failed Loading XML file
modules\Custom_Units\Neanderthal_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml

It's a parsing error.

Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.
Expecting: {x-schema:Neanderthal_CIV4UnitsSchema.xml}iMaxLocalDensity
Line 34,18
Source: <iGlobalTurns>25<i/GlobalTurns>
Are you sure you put the XML file in /assets/modules/custom_units/Neanderthal/ of a C2C V18 installation?

I get the same error; reverted to orginal file, which has no iglobalturns entries.
Ah, then V18 contains the old scheme in that folder.
I attach the new scheme. Add it to the same folder.

Attachments

• Neanderthal_CIV4UnitSchema.7z
    6.1 KB · Views: 58
Ah, then V18 contains the old scheme in that folder.
I attach the new scheme. Add it to the same folder.

I took the liberty to add the file to the OP, in the process I broke a link to the Spawn_Infos rar file by Koshling though :)blush:) I hope I got that repaired now, if not: please accept my apologies :blush:

Top Bottom