Audio Quotes

Thanks for the praise. Yeah, that did sound a little flat here and there. I'll try and put a bit more inflection on any others. I should have time to do a couple tomorrow. I'll post when I have done so.

OK, I've done the next three (Perspective, Oil Painting, and Matchlock). I might have put too much emphasis on the word "prepare" in Matchlock, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• C2C Tech Quotes1.7z
    421.3 KB · Views: 47
Am I understanding the older post correctly that SilentConfusion will be adding these to the mod, or am I expected to do so? I'm willing to try, but haven't as yet.

No he needs the practice, but thx for asking.

Whilst I love the idea of new Audio Quotes for technology research, is there any chance that the written quote can be adjusted to match? I find it odd to have a different verbal and written quote.

Whilst I love the idea of new Audio Quotes for technology research, is there any chance that the written quote can be adjusted to match? I find it odd to have a different verbal and written quote.

Agreed. I'm going to be helping on that project.

@SilentConfusion

It would be very helpful if you could also ...

1. Eliminate the redundant quotes.

2. Fix mismatches quotes and audio.

3. Help give techs without text quotes their own unique quotes.

Those in addition to adding new Audio quotes are desperately needed.

Here is the other thread.

C2C - Tech Quote Thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436647

I want to ask to check my understanding.

CIV4TechInfos.xml has the following tags for each tech:
Spoiler :
Code:
<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_RITUALISM_QUOTE</Quote
<Sound>AS2D_TECH_RITUALISM</Sound>
<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_RITUALISM</SoundMP>
Audio2DScripts.xml has the following tags for each audio script entry:
Spoiler :
Code:
<Script2DSound>
	<ScriptID>AS2D_TECH_RITUALISM</ScriptID>
	<SoundID>SND_TECH_RITUALISM</SoundID>
	<SoundType>GAME_SPEECH</SoundType>
	<iMinVolume>100</iMinVolume>
	<iMaxVolume>100</iMaxVolume>
	<iPitchChangeDown>0</iPitchChangeDown>
	<iPitchChangeUp>0</iPitchChangeUp>
	<iMinLeftPan>-1</iMinLeftPan>
	<iMaxLeftPan>-1</iMaxLeftPan>
	<iMinRightPan>-1</iMinRightPan>
	<iMaxRightPan>-1</iMaxRightPan>
	<bLooping>0</bLooping>
	<iMinTimeDelay>0</iMinTimeDelay>
	<iMaxTimeDelay>0</iMaxTimeDelay>
	<bTaperForSoundtracks>0</bTaperForSoundtracks>
	<iLengthOfSound>0</iLengthOfSound>
	<fMinDryLevel>1.0</fMinDryLevel>
	<fMaxDryLevel>1.0</fMaxDryLevel>
	<fMinWetLevel>0.0</fMinWetLevel>
	<fMaxWetLevel>0.0</fMaxWetLevel>
	<iNotPlayPercent>0</iNotPlayPercent>
</Script2DSound>
AudioDefines.xml has the following for every sound entry:
Spoiler :
Code:
<SoundData>
	<SoundID>SND_TECH_RITUALISM</SoundID>
	<Filename>Sounds/Tech/Ritualism</Filename>
	<LoadType>DYNAMIC_RES</LoadType>
	<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
	<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
</SoundData>
Assets/Sounds/Tech/ is where the quote sound files go and this is linked to in the <Filename> tag in AudioDefines. In Assets/XML/Text/ I see three files that seem to have tech quotes Astral_Phaser_Tech_Quotes.xml and Vokarya_Tech_Quotes.xml and TechnologyQuotes.xml, which has by far the most. None of them seem to have an entry for TXT_KEY_TECH_RITUALISM_QUOTE. Is there some other place I should look? And have I forgotten any key places for fixing audio and text for tech quotes?

I want to ask to check my understanding.

CIV4TechInfos.xml has the following tags for each tech:

Audio2DScripts.xml has the following tags for each audio script entry:
AudioDefines.xml has the following for every sound entry:
Assets/Sounds/Tech/ is where the quote sound files go and this is linked to in the <Filename> tag in AudioDefines. In Assets/XML/Text/ I see three files that seem to have tech quotes Astral_Phaser_Tech_Quotes.xml and Vokarya_Tech_Quotes.xml and TechnologyQuotes.xml, which has by far the most. None of them seem to have an entry for TXT_KEY_TECH_RITUALISM_QUOTE. Is there some other place I should look? And have I forgotten any key places for fixing audio and text for tech quotes?

ANYONE that needs a FREE search engine needs to have grepWin its is the best they make.

See attached for your answer.

ANYONE that needs a FREE search engine needs to have grepWin its is the best they make.

See attached for your answer.

Thanks. That's really helpful.

@SiilentConfusion:
You probably know everything in it, but if you haven't as yet you should read this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479834

While I haven't actually done the steps involved, it's from Vokarya, so it must be good.

Thank you for that link. I had figured most of that out by looking at the code, but it's nice to have a reference and the last bit about how best to test a tech quote is great.

The video is now up! What do you think of my voice in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtsT1ziVlKs

After the words " I selected fight and water gun" it was better, and enunciated.
Then it went back to more of the same tone again.
Then after "Dude" if was better again. And stayed that way then. All in all very nice.;)
I really like the way you enunciate "names." Nice!

OK, just finished reading the CIV4TechInfos.xml and I now have a list of things that need to be addressed.

Will someone add the following to CIV4TechInfos.xml under tech CULTURAL_IDENTITY:

<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_CULTURAL_IDENTITY_QUOTE</Quote>
<Sound>AS2D_TECH_CULTURAL_IDENTITY</Sound>
<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_GENERIC</SoundMP>

the quote and sound are in place, they just are not referenced in the tags.

Top Bottom