Audio Quotes

OK, just finished reading the CIV4TechInfos.xml and I now have a list of things that need to be addressed.

Will someone add the following to CIV4TechInfos.xml under tech CULTURAL_IDENTITY:

<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_CULTURAL_IDENTITY_QUOTE</Quote>
<Sound>AS2D_TECH_CULTURAL_IDENTITY</Sound>
<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_GENERIC</SoundMP>

the quote and sound are in place, they just are not referenced in the tags.

Fixed thx.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Here's the next two (Semi-Automatic Weapons and Automatic Weapons).

Oh, one thing. In the current game I have going (that I converted to v29 when it released) I recently researched, Perspective, Oil Painting, and Matchlock, but none of them had audio quotes. Is there some reason those were not added to v29?

Attachments

• C2C Tech Quotes2.7z
    318.1 KB · Views: 41
Oh, one thing. In the current game I have going (that I converted to v29 when it released) I recently researched, Perspective, Oil Painting, and Matchlock, but none of them had audio quotes. Is there some reason those were not added to v29?

HUH, see attached??:confused::rolleyes:

Well, something must have been put in wrong, as they aren't playing during the game. Yes, other techs are playing their audio fine. It's probably just a typo somewhere.

Found one in the Matchlock one but other than that they are fine.

Since that 12padams guy is gone never to be seen again, can we seriously remove his quotes from the game, god I can't stand him.. and that voice, drives me insane, I can't close those tech popups quick enough.. Argh stfu!! :twitch:

As an Australian I can safely say that no-one speaks like him :lol: ..the 12 in fronts of padams is because he's 12 right? At least he sounds 12 :cooool:

Hmm, very odd. Has anyone else reached those techs in a game? Did the audio play?

I'll keep an eye out.. I mean an ear.

Since that 12padams guy is gone never to be seen again, can we seriously remove his quotes from the game <snip>

For one thing, he might come back at a later time. He seems to get bored with things after a while and needs something different.

Secondly, there are some people who have posted stating that they liked his quotes, so removing them entirely would be a bit premature.

Third, you can always just mute the voice in the Audio Options window in game until the section of prehistoric with his quotes is done. Yes, you'd miss one or two quotes that aren't his, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

And last, I live in the USA and I have heard people who do speak somewhat like that. Not often I'll admit, but it does occasionally happen.

Hmm, very odd. Has anyone else reached those techs in a game? Did the audio play?

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about this. I did go back to an earlier save and re-researched Oil Painting and Matchlock, as I remembered that I keep the volume low on the voice and since I am so low-pitched myself, perhaps I just missed it. So I turned up the Voice volume, and researched the techs, and the audio did not play for me. Very odd with SO being certain there are no further typos.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about this. I did go back to an earlier save and re-researched Oil Painting and Matchlock, as I remembered that I keep the volume low on the voice and since I am so low-pitched myself, perhaps I just missed it. So I turned up the Voice volume, and researched the techs, and the audio did not play for me. Very odd with SO being certain there are no further typos.

I just got Matchlock in my present game and your voice is unmistakable, just a little too low there, but it works for me at least:crazyeye:

That typo you found and fixed on it must have done the trick. Obviously you are using the SVN for that game. Have you gotten Perspective or Oil Painting yet?

Not yet, i usually by-pass those as i dont really use them that much.

Sorry, I've been having issues with my current computer, as well as significant time restraints. I'm planning on getting a new computer today, so with any luck I'll be able to do more soon. Thanks for still being interested.

Sorry, I've been having issues with my current computer, as well as significant time restraints. I'm planning on getting a new computer today, so with any luck I'll be able to do more soon. Thanks for still being interested.

What do you use for a recording device, thats free, with a junky microphone (at least mine is:blush:)

I have a headset with an attached microphone. The brand is Plantronics. It's not particularly expensive, but it's decent quality. At least, I think it is. Hmm, I'm going to have to see how many hoops I have to jump through to get this working with Windows 8.

I have a headset with an attached microphone. The brand is Plantronics. It's not particularly expensive, but it's decent quality. At least, I think it is. Hmm, I'm going to have to see how many hoops I have to jump through to get this working with Windows 8.

So what do you use for recording then? WinAmp other??

SO said this would be the Thread for it, so I'll repost it here. I will continue the List during the next week.

Spoiler :

No Audio-Quote:
Fine-Edged Tools
Stone Building
Tattos
Trap Fishing
Axe Making
Carpentery
Sewing
Drying
Tanning
Firemaking
Beadmaking
Spear Making
Spearfishing
Atlatl Making
Hunting Tactics
Tribalism
Slavery
Chiefdom
Slash and Burn
Arithmetic
Ceremonial BUrial
Megalith Construction
Tengriism
Ideograms
Boat Building
Obsidian Weapons
Earth Oven
Mining
Stargazing
Caste System
Mesopotanism
Shinto
Sacrufice Cult
Andeanism
Ngaiism
Hinduism
Judaism
Zoroaism
Folk Music
Board Games
Harpoon Making
CHariotry
Camel Domestication
Megafauna Domestication
Druidism
Apiculture
Paved Roads
Surveying
Buddism
Salt Processing
Falconry
Copper Working
Lead Working
Military Training
Candle Making
Orchards (no sense?)
Fermentation
Oil Lamps (no sense)
Sericulture (no sense)
Naval Warfare
Piracy
Mummification
Plough
Gardening
Ancient Medicine
Kémentism
Asatru
Confucianism
Roadbuilding (no sense?)
Philosophy
Nagualism
Aristocraty
Callygraphy
Concrete
Mosaicworking

Shared Quote:
Feline Demestication and Caine Domestication
Saltprcessing and Masonary
Lead O´Working and Mining
Candle Making and Pottery and Sericulture
Fermentation and Orchards and Oil Lamps
Agriculture and Plough
Meritocracy and Literature
Philosophie and Code of Law
Road BUilding and Monarcy
Sundial and Calendar
Aristrocraty and Falconry
Callygraphy and Writing
Concrete and Construction
Mosaicworking and ?
Paved Roads and Machinery
Surveying and Engineering

No "Ping":
Tracking

Missfit Audio and Text Quote:
Poultry Domestication
Sculpture
Trade
City PLaning
Geometry
Dualism
Ressurection
Reincarnation
Elefant Domestication
Seafaring
Glass Blowing
Ship Building
Siege Warfare
Canal Systems
Architecture

No Quote at all:
Drying
Canaanism
Yoruba

Wonder "Movie Needed"
Culture (Neanderthal)

No Wonder Pop Up:
The "Koto....thing" [Buddist WOnder] and the Zaroaism-Wonders

Also, there are a lot quotes that sound... just bad. Sometimes it's the horrible voice, sometimes the microphone is just bad. And some Filmquotes (the "Conan, what is best in life?" one) also have a horrible quality.

I'm starting back into recording these again. I'm also making a database of which techs have quotes and which don't, inspired by Faustmouse's post above. At this time, I'm going to start with column nine of the Tech Chart and work upward from there rather than finish the few left back from page six of this thread. On that note though, I've noticed that Carving and Simple Wood Working both have the same Tech Quote. Would anyone mind if I recorded the description for Simple Wood Working instead?

Top Bottom