The Birth Of Cool

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
(Kudos to anyone who gets the title)
Seeing the sensless violence of the destruction of the City of Chicago has brought new ideas to me and my fellow citizens of Penguin. Word had reached us that the cultural elite of that city had created a new form of artistic expression, Jazz. I am now undergoing an attempt to revive the tradition so that it is not lost forever. I am taking refuge in Penguin with my followers, who I am now calling "Beatnicks". We will don berets from France in protest for the cruel destruction of the city by the French and recite poetry while playing Jazz. Some of us will be protesting war by creating sensless art, which we will be dubbing "Dada". This will all be taking place in Penguin. Any other people who wish to join me, they just have to Take the A Train to the Palace of the Antartic. Bring your own instrument.

Make angry love to the fish!

Peace

After shoking the world with his retreat to his lavish palace,
Sir SaaM the Reedy has announced that The City of Penguin is quote, "The Most Happening City in Fanatika." While scholars and musicians alike debate the meaning of "happening", citizens have been flocking to Penguin with instruments, bongos and odd poetry. Many have taken to the streets dancing while recting verses.
Said Professor Pindleton of Penguin U, "This place is alive. We can release our feelings of oppression to a society dominated by war and be free to create!"
Added the Professor, "Ive seen the best minds of my generation, ridin' horses, shootin guns. Bang Pow Bam Zoom. Give peace a chance, man."
The professor followed this quote by screaming widly and jumping into a interpretive bongo solo. Sir SaaM the Reedy joined in with him on the oboe, then sang, "AND ALL.. THAT.. JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

Penguin, 1555 AD
Along with his followers, Sir SaaM the Reedy and his son, Angry Piano Pig, have taken over Penguin. They now control the city.
Stay tuned to see what happens to this... odd city. Reports tell of a giant Peanut sculpture being erected in the center of the city, carved out of crutons.

Master Stuck_As_a_Mac, you are on the border of losing Jedi status. Don't keep this up without Council approval.

Not to much, Vanir reserves to the right to move in and put down this illegitimate uprising. We will restore a proper government if need be, Sir SaaM.

This is your final warning. Submit now to homogenous and sensible rule by people who do not speak in rhymes, or be subdued by Vanirian peacekeepers.

Originally posted by Grandmaster
This is your final warning. Submit now to homogenous and sensible rule by people who do not speak in rhymes, or be subdued by Vanirian peacekeepers.

Grandmaster, please remain calm. This is being settled by the Council.

@Stuck- Give the masters a chance to vote. If you have at least 50% of them supporting you, then the Council approves of your actions. Don't ruin your chances.

Penguin, 1575
The giant peanut is done! Long live dada! Long live crutons. In celebration, the dadaists have started throwing bowling balls off the top of the cruton beast. In the holes of these balls there are flowers.

No one who had the slighest idea what was going on could be reached for a comment.

Now for a history lesson.
The REAL Dadaist movement.
Dadaism came about during and after World War One. The reason I launched it now is due to the advent of Panzers. Marcel Duchamp is the father of American Dada. He created his "Bicycle Wheel" out of a wheel and a stool. This was the first piece of dada art. Dadaism was a form of protest against a society which saw war fit, similar to that of the warmongers of Fanatika.
A sample of a dada poem:
SAMPLE POEM
DADA is a virgin microbe
DADA is against the high cost of living
DADA limited company for the exploitation of ideas
DADA has 391 different attitudes and colours according to the sex of the president
It changes -- affirms -- says the opposite at the same time -- no importance -- shouts -- goes fishing.
Dada is the chameleon of rapid and self-interested change.
Dada is against the future. Dada is dead. Dada is absurd. Long live Dada.
Dada is not a literary school, howl.

--Tristan Tzara

The author of this poem is the woman who created the European Dada movement in Switzerland. She also picked out the word Dada, which means hobby horse in French.

Now, when I use dada here, it is going to be a combination of bizare poems, odd pieces of art, and stories of Cupertania.

Until Later,
Sir SaaM the Reedy.

DADA IS DEAD! LONG LIVE DADA!! DADA IS VICTORIOUS OVER ITSELF!!

Cyc smiles and puts down his newspaper. Dadaism has been born. Interesting.

Having packed essentials for his trip to his new Gubernatorial post, Cyc grabs a couple items and heads out the door to the train station. A quick trip to Penguin won't hurt anyone...

After a blazing course down the rails through Zimt, and the mountains, and finally arriving at the Coastal city of Penquin, Cyc emerges from the train in leather fringe and beads. He heads downtown...

As he watches from the taxi, Cyc is amazed at the colors and comotion displayed in the city. The unity of the people in the streets, official or civilian. It appears to be some sort of Renaissance. Ha! A celebration of human spirit amid the tradgedy of war.

Professor Cyc now finds himself wandering through the crowds around the Peanut sculpture. Completely caught up in the feastive atmosphere, he starts a corner of the crowd in a rough chorus of "History will teach us nothing".

What a weekend this has turned into...

Ah yes, the Panzer is here!
Cupertania is the first house to have its very own Panzer. This shall never be a weapon of war. It will be part... of an art display!
It has come to my attention that Professor Cyc has arrived in Penguin. Yes, we are undergoing a cultural renaissance. Yes, at the same time we are building a factory. And yes, were the source of all these pigs with cupid wings on them being hurled from catapults.
Soon, the Peanut sculpture will have a second part. It wil have... a giant metal mouth hovering ontop of it. You see, the peanut represents man, being eaten alive by the monstrosity of. But me telling you this is anti-dada, so, that makes it Dada.

Anyways, feel free to take some of these cows and plumbing supplies. The art show will soon be here for all to see the joys of Dada

Man, its quiet in here..
Well, weve built out giant mouth.
Now, as our next act, The Dadaists have plans to declare war on... ART!
Yes, the art menace must be stopped. We dont dig lookin at these odd sculptures and paintings. They way to faaaaaar out. Dada must be destroyed by Dada. Dada will not rest until it kills itself. Death to Dada! Long live Dada!

The wierd thing is that I find myself understanding this whole dada thing...

The voices! The voices! The rational government of Vanir reminds SaaM the Reedy that, with or without Council permission, we will undertake action to defend Penguin from the raging Dadaist forces if such slaughter of the Fanatikan Language continues.

Top Bottom