Ethnic Diversity Units

My bad. Subtitle is wrong, should be Elephant Rider. Europeans got already Mammoth Ballista skin.

Ok Ancient Era is done. I updated all data in first post. In google spreadsheet i put new column: information about unit animation. Shoule be easier now to implent these skins in mod.

Ok Ancient Era is done. I updated all data in first post. In google spreadsheet i put new column: information about unit animation. Shoule be easier now to implent these skins in mod.

Thanks Sparth!

I just tried again and the Story Teller is not the Wanderer(GreatProphet) kfm (also tried Great Spy), the head still does not show up?

Also the Great Hunter has a staff jut off the Flag staff??

And again, i know the horseman, just does NOT work??

I just tried again and the Story Teller is not the Wanderer(GreatProphet) kfm (also tried Great Spy), the head still does not show up?

Also the Great Hunter has a staff jut off the Flag staff??

And again, i know the horseman, just does NOT work??

Looks like according to his document the African Wanderer uses the Ancient Great Spy model. Since an African Wanderer may use one model (and of course the animation and model files must stay consistent with each other) and a European one may us another, and the Combat Mod would have differing Combat Class sets on each because they may use differing weapon and armor sets, we probably need to have fully differing unit definitions for them right? Then we make them have a prerequisite of the base culture resources that they stem from?

Trying to go about them like they are simply cultural reskin sets may be problematic right?

I'm asking not telling on all this... I'm not sure what all is possible with unit art really.

1. Story Teller texture is working as intendent - should be white
His animation should be like wanderer (i use his model).
According to XML he indeed use <KFM>Art/Units/GreatPeople/Prophet/GreatProphet.kfm</KFM>

Dunno why this dont work

2. Great Hunter - according to creator of model this unit uses this animation
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Mali/Skirmisher/MaliSkirmisher.kfm</KFM>

3. Horseman - please use model and skin from from this post http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12849659&postcount=15. Creator of this model dont tell what KMF is right but I presume is Mongol Keshik or Persian Immortal.

1. Story Teller texture is working as intendent - should be white
His animation should be like wanderer (i use his model).
According to XML he indeed use <KFM>Art/Units/GreatPeople/Prophet/GreatProphet.kfm</KFM>

Dunno why this dont work

2. Great Hunter - according to creator of model this unit uses this animation
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Mali/Skirmisher/MaliSkirmisher.kfm</KFM>

3. Horseman - please use model and skin from from this post http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12849659&postcount=15. Creator of this model dont tell what KMF is right but I presume is Mongol Keshik or Persian Immortal.

1. OK, didnt know you intended it to be WHITE, my bad:blush:

2. OK will give that a shot, i didnt even think of using that one

3. Oh, i just looked at the cloth of the sitting area, and just thought it was for African only, again my bad:blush:

In Ancient and later eras iil try to put as much information i could to help implement these units in game. Still if any unit dont work I can make it from another, working model.

Just looking at the America Story Teller again, and the blank (white head) just seems out of place, the closest one that looks like it is the Great Hunter, just to the right of it?? Same head-dress. . .

I am going to put these in as a NEW Native tribe (Comanche's). Then i can integrate them into the other Native Cultures.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12857969&postcount=7111

Hmm i made tracker skin for all cultures (except european which have ok skin).

I was looking at the Ancient ones for America, and the Ranger has a "leopards skin" thats more African i believe??

The Warlord/Great Chief has a aztec_jaguar_weapons, i believe thats more Meso American?? (Alot of RED in there also.

Also the one in post 34 above, still has an completely white headdress(wolf skin), is there anyway to make is so the feathers at least have some color, or do you think that would look weird??

Also the Ballista Elephant "person" looks like a Middle East type??

I was looking at the Ancient ones for America, and the Ranger has a "leopards skin" thats more African i believe??

Changed this skin to be more Jaguar type. See attached file

The Warlord/Great Chief has a aztec_jaguar_weapons, i believe thats more Meso American?? (Alot of RED in there also.

When I started creating these themes I was looking for fastest way to improve immersion in game. To do this we decide to make only skins to 5 ethnic regions. This solution have some bad sides for example some skins can be little misplaced in entire skin group but i want to make them universal as much as possible.
When I end with 5group project for all eras then i want to add little favour to skins creating subgroups. For example creating in America skins for: Native American tribes, Mesoamerican, Andean and Amazonian Tribes.

But if you want I can change this skin (Warlord Chief) to more native american look.

Also the one in post 34 above, still has an completely white headdress(wolf skin), is there anyway to make is so the feathers at least have some color, or do you think that would look weird??

My bad, attached wrong file. Now is ok. Story teller head should be now in normal wolf colours.

Also the Ballista Elephant "person" looks like a Middle East type??

I have only two models for Ballista Elephants to use:
- Khmer Ballista Elephant
- Viking/European Mammoth Ballista
:(

Changed this skin to be more Jaguar type. See attached file

When I started creating these themes I was looking for fastest way to improve immersion in game. To do this we decide to make only skins to 5 ethnic regions. This solution have some bad sides for example some skins can be little misplaced in entire skin group but i want to make them universal as much as possible.
When I end with 5group project for all eras then i want to add little favour to skins creating subgroups. For example creating in America skins for: Native American tribes, Mesoamerican, Andean and Amazonian Tribes.

But if you want I can change this skin (Warlord Chief) to more native american look.

My bad, attached wrong file. Now is ok. Story teller head should be now in normal wolf colours.

I have only two models for Ballista Elephants to use:
- Khmer Ballista Elephant
- Viking/European Mammoth Ballista
:(

No biggy, we can adapt, to them.:p
Also the Ranger you sent is the exact same as the other one?? At least i cant tell the difference sorry if i am wrong here??

Top Bottom