A few suggestions

pepper2000

King
I've been thinking about some things that could be added and changed to improve the game.

First, we need more era-specific animals. For instance, there should be dinosaurs at the beginning of the game, since we know from the Flintstones that early humans coexisted with dinosaurs, and they reappear after Cloning is discovered. In the Middle Ages, there should be dragons. You could capture a dragon with a knight and use a Tamed Dragon to build a Dragon Trainer. The dragons that you could train would have promotions such as Flight, Fire Breathing, and Stealth, which increased the probability of a successful Princess Capture mission by 10% (can only be used against monarchies).

Later in the game, animals are too weak relative to modern units, and that's why we need more animals especially for the later eras. Once Fission is discovered, Godzillas should spawn on the map, together with the Smog Monster at Ecology and Mechagodzilla at Robotics.

In the classic Civ games, spearmen had a fighting chance against tanks. Here, not so much. In my latest game, I defended every city with a Spearman and still could not repel Montezuma's blitzkrieg. We need an anti-tank spearman, or the existing spear-wielding units need an Anti-Tank promotion, which grants +4500% defense against tanks.

The Galactic Era is still somewhat devoid of good units, which can be particularly frustrating after spending a week plodding through the last few techs in the tree. Just as we have Jet Engine Factories and Helicopter Factories, Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion should allow UFO factories, which produce the UFO resource. In addition to allowing for some good attack units, having UFOs would allow 50% faster construction of The Pyramids and Stonehenge.

Whatever happened to the classic leaders in the Civ I leaderboard, such as Neville Chamberlain and Dan Quayle? They should be added to Caveman to Cosmos. They could have special traits which add new challenge to the game.

I also like the system of holidays, and I would like to see more be added, such as the following.
- Christmas: Requires Christianity. +1 :c5happy:, +1 :gold: with Toys, +1 :gold: with Consumerism, +1 :gold: with Giant Plastic Santas.
- Talk like a Pirate Day. Requires Piracy. Has no benefit.
- Independence Day. For Civs that broke away from another Civ. +1 :c5happy:, +10 Flammability with Firecrackers.
- April Fools Day: +5 :c5happy:

Honestly, I'm still hoping for Dinosaurs in the Prehistoric - chronologically correct or no, I'm still hoping for it. Loved the Dinosaur Barbarians scenario in CivIII :D

Dragons or other monsters would be possible I guess, I mean why even bother with the Mythological Bestiary technology if it's not going to do anything other than make you waste more time on research? It does nothing, unlocks nothing, enhances nothing, and is overall just a waste of space in its current state. :(
Which is unfortunate since it has a lot of potential. (Mongoose Mod had a dragon creature that was resistant to nuclear attacks :mischief: )

This is just so wrong :lol:

I don't think fantasy stuff would fit here very well...

What I said about Mythological Bestiary still applies ;)
Tech claims that we can bring to life creatures of myth, but we can't make any new units after researching it?

Fantasy stuff could possibly work if it was put in an optional module like the steampunk stuff and alternate timelines. I don't think they should be immune to nuke attacks though :lol:

Top Bottom