Hypothetical Question

This situation could have occurred in my recent DCL Polynesia game (it didn't because I veered to SV, but work with me here).

We have 2 strong tourism civs. Both are influential over everybody (including each other) except for one very strong cultural civ. The cultural civ gets killed off, so now both are immediately influential over every remaining civ.

Who wins the game and why?

I would assume it would be based on turn order. I'm not clear on the mechanics if one of the "winners" was human - I imagine it would depend if the other winner's turn was before or after the cultural civ...

Since if you launch (earlier) in the same turn as an AI, you win, I would guess that Nige is correct and that whoever has the first turn would win.

It's like how you can get messages about an AI's CS ally making peace before the AI itself does sometimes.

Could it be by culture scores comparison?:
If A has 321,
B has 329,
and C has 341, as tourism scores; I think C should win, turn order or not .
Or I could be wrong .

Based on other victory mechanics, it has to be turned based, and not tourism strength (although the latter makes mores sense). So I think it comes down to who kills the last city but, more importantly, does that last city kill trigger the game to check to see if there is a CV? I suspect that the win-by-CV check is normally only done at the beginning of the turn.

So, if you don't want to be robbed, I think you would have to ensure one of the following:
  1. Last city kill is a cap, and you take it
  2. Launch any SS part (does not to complete SS) after you kill the last city
Your only alternative would be to let your competitor kill the last city (and it can't be the cap) in the middle of his turn, and cross your fingers.

CV victory is only done at the beginning of the turn, I know since I've gone over 100% two times via Great Musician bulbing but the victory screen waited until my next turn.

Top Bottom