[BNW] First Deity attempt

Kepakiano

Chieftain
Hi there,

this is my very first attempt at deity. I've been playing Prince so far, but I thought in order to increase my skills I would have to really challenge them.
My experience with deity are some Marbozir and MadDjinn LPs :D

I'm playing as Casimir on Tilted Axis and it's turn 78. My neighbors are Theodora and Maria. I managed to drop a city next to Maria and she didn't get angry. Somehow I also managed to get Stonehenge and the Oracle. Can't explain why, because my capital is not that much of a hammer city.

Anyway, I'm at a loss now, because I don't know which SP to choose next (Tradition is complete). I'm aiming at a science win, but since I already got two wonders and my empire will probably not become very large maybe cultural would also be a good idea?

So, if anyone would be so kind to help me, these are my questions:

Which SP next? (I'm guessing Freedom)
Where to settle my next city? (the space is very limited and I don't want to antagonize Theodora or Maria even more [if there will be a DoW, it's supposed to happen on my terms!])
Since space is limited: Is invading/completely killing Maria a good idea?
I should probably immediately go for NC, right?

Thank you for your advice =)

Attachments

• Casimir Deity I_0078 BC-0925.Civ5Save
    971.8 KB · Views: 36
I am sorry to inform you that you posted your question in the Beyond Earth forum. You might get a better response to your question in the Civ5 forums. Cheers.

Oh wow. Thank you for your kind answer. Apparently, my concentration is pretty low in the morning (good thing I'm not playing).
Will one of the forums staff guys move this to the correct section or should I reopen the thread there?

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ5 S&T.

Can you explain the situation a bit more? are you still on 2 cities with NC?

I'd strongly advise getting 4 cities early before NC and finish NC by T80 latest. As for policies, if you're aiming for science I'd go for patronage consulates and then straight rationalism. You wouldn't hit freedom until modern, so don't worry about it yet

Yes, at the moment I only have my capital and another city. There is a spot a bit to the north we I could settle my third city, but it would have direct borders with Theodora.

Since it's already turn 78, getting two more cities and NC before turn 80 is not really possible anymore.
I kinda got distracted by the two wonders :/

So until I reach Renaissance era I will unlock patronage SPs. Thanks!

Hi there,

this is my very first attempt at deity. I've been playing Prince so far, but I thought in order to increase my skills I would have to really challenge them.
My experience with deity are some Marbozir and MadDjinn LPs :D

I'm playing as Casimir on Tilted Axis and it's turn 78. My neighbors are Theodora and Maria. I managed to drop a city next to Maria and she didn't get angry. Somehow I also managed to get Stonehenge and the Oracle. Can't explain why, because my capital is not that much of a hammer city.

Anyway, I'm at a loss now, because I don't know which SP to choose next (Tradition is complete). I'm aiming at a science win, but since I already got two wonders and my empire will probably not become very large maybe cultural would also be a good idea?

So, if anyone would be so kind to help me, these are my questions:

Which SP next? (I'm guessing Freedom)
Where to settle my next city? (the space is very limited and I don't want to antagonize Theodora or Maria even more [if there will be a DoW, it's supposed to happen on my terms!])
Since space is limited: Is invading/completely killing Maria a good idea?
I should probably immediately go for NC, right?

Thank you for your advice =)

I think you should follow tommynt's Poland guide for the SP order if you decide to play with Poland later.

Hard to say since there's no pic.

I don't know if completely wiping Maria out is that good of an idea because the cost to make all the units and such can hurt you in the long run.

Yes, go for NC asap after you get your fourth city up. Maybe before even before that. The problem with this is that building Stonehenge and Oracle so early delays expansion a lot so its harder to keep up in science.

As for cultural or science victory, they both require good tech advancement, but the tech route is just different so science victory might be better since it's easier.

Weeee, I made it \o/

Not in the game I posted, though :D That one wasn't good. Thanks for your advice on that :) (and for all the other great advice threads^^)

I stayed pretty close to Undefeatable's SV guide, had education by turn 118, scientific theory by t168 and plastics by t210. In the end I produced roughly 1200 bpt.
In the end Ashurpanipal nearly got the CV, he was 3000 points behind (his 250 tpt vs my 100 cpt, so only 20 turns left for me), so I had to drop CN tower, Hermitage and sydney opera house (had enough faith for two SEs). Glad a city state gifted me a venician merchant, so I could buy another SS part :)

I got in real trouble happinesswise since EVERY other civ took order and I took freedom and as mentioned above, my culture wasn't the strongest.
I was the first to choose, so since I was going for SV I took freedom. Is there a way to predict which ideology the NPCs will choose? 34 unhappy faces is something I'd like to avoid next time :D

Commerce, or if you're not in Medieval era, Patronage.
Then before rationalism or before ideologies go to Mercantilism or Scholasticism.
Because, you're tiny buy as many RA's as you can.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Patronage really paid out with the science boost and the gifted MoV.
Okay, more RAs next time. I couldn't afford many this time and since I didn't do a great job in diplomacy, not many AIs wanted to sign RAs with me :/

Not in the game I posted, though That one wasn't good.

I would be curious to read why that game did not work out for you, and what happened next. Even though you only had two cities, it read like you were doing very well albeit a bit non-conventional. I was thinking you only needed one more city and NC asap to be positioned for a strong game.

Top Bottom