Middle-Earth:Lord of the Mods (XI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCHighway said:
If the coal actually came from burnt trees, wouldn't it be strange to use very industrial looking lumps of coal? I will go with the coal idea if nothing better comes up. However, I must say making a resource out of burnt trees seems strange.

...I'm assuming no one wants the Elephant Rider (non-archer) or the vanilla War Elephant for the Harad UU.
The resource isn't burnt trees, it's nice spring leaved trees, with small white flowers. ;) And I'm not fond of it.
We said we should have a "timber" resource, maybe you can need that for some of the iron intensive units? :undecide:

I prefer the vanilla elephant to DP's units. Forgot to say that yesterday.

Just click on the attachment, copy what I had typed, then post it in the thread. You have to name the thread in style with the other ones, but that is all you have to do.
I would advise you not to put anything after the quotes. I included 11 characters (it looked better than ten) outside of the quote, so you shouldn’t have any problems. Once you are done with that, post a link to the new thread here.

That was my original plan, high\middle\low flavor unit graphics. Unfortunately, I’d rather not have to do all that for the beta, as we will probably make some major changes. That can be done after the beta, all I need now is the “generic” route.

I’ve got a class also, so I will be gone for the next two hours.
Post that thread! And be prepared to stop talking about unit graphics and start talking about technologies ;).

EDIT-
Mrtn: again, that defeats the purpose! We can't use a luxury, as it would look stupid for Rohan needing silks to build its units, and it would look weird for the Hobbits to need gold. I think we should just use a contemporary resource, perhaps Arne's sword, to symbolize Steel.

Why to we not like DPII’s unit, it looks cooler, if a little pixilated

PCHighway said:
...EDIT-
Mrtn: again, that defeats the purpose! We can't use a luxury, as it would look stupid for Rohan needing silks to build its units, and it would look weird for the Hobbits to need gold. I think we should just use a contemporary resource, perhaps Arne's sword, to symbolize Steel.

Why to we not like DPII’s unit, it looks cooler, if a little pixilated
Didn't we have timber as strat also? :confused: I haven't talked luxs in a while...

The pixilatedness of dp's units bother me. And I don't think it's cooler.

I think Horses and Iron are enough recourses for the cavalary, since you will still need the apropriate advancement(s). If we do want another recourse, make it a more pure form of iron, reflected by an advance which allows a different/(better) form of mining the stuff. (I thought PCH mentioned something like this a while back). I personally would rather see no such resource, but its a hellovalot better then Timber, Silk, Steel...

PCHighway said:
And be prepared to stop talking about unit graphics and start talking about technologies ;).
Never! I'm only getting warmed up!!!! :satan:

AHEM: This thread is finished, boys and girls. Go here for the continuation of the madness...

Let me repeat myself:
Mithadan said:
AHEM: This thread is finished, boys and girls. Go here for the continuation of the madness...
:satan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom