"Shadow" schedule

I really like guild ideas, but I'm worried by their spread method. Spread by event is ok, but it shouldn't be the only way. Especially when some of the guilds (asassins and mercenaries) give the player full control over where and when he wants them to spread. It shouldn't be so hard to add a new "guild member" unit (or smtg) who would work as, khem, missionary:).

I also wonder if guild hq will grant any benefits for every city with a guild. If so, it would be profitable to spread it as wide as possible, and have means to influence the process. If not, then guilds will likely be local - present in only few cities chosen by the player. Spreading them to other civs would also be pointless.

Hmm, will the guilds cost gold in maintenance?

once you have a mercenary will you still be able to use that mercenary to recruit more mercenaries? will magnadine be able to recruit mercenaries, or the Hippus get them for 50% off?

Close. AV's strength is Deals (they get special deal offer from Demons, usually in trade for something). The Orders strength is Rebellion (they get special options to resist rebellion events or are less liekly to get them at all). The Empyreans strength is Judgement (remember they are our councilors and religion based on wisdom, so they will have extra options when dealing with judgement events).

For weaknesses you have to think abotu which religion would be the most likely to suffer from each of the areas. Under which religion would the people be more likely to rise up and rebel? Which religion would have the most difficulty giving logical judgements? Which religion would be the least likely to inspire new talents in its citizens? etc.

FYI: for those that are curious (not that its a huge deal) all 7 of the Guild icons are in 0.25 (compressed in the FPK file) along with their names. I was curious how many people would find them. The German FfH community found them shortly after 0.25 was released, but as far as I know they were the only ones.

Do also Civilizations have strength and weakness toward any of the 7 parameters(Rebellion,Crime, etc...)?

Do we have a sort of parameter bar similar to what you see in RPG games with alignment?
e.g.
Bannor starting parameter(+50Rebellion,-30deals) + Order as official religion (+20 rebellion,-20deals)= Bannor(+70 rebellion,-50 deals)

During an event you choose an option which gives -15 rebellion, +20 deals-----> your final parameter alignment is
Rebellion= 50+20-15=55 Deals -30-20+20=-30

So do we have a system like that?

Not so complex. More like, if you are Ashen Veil, you will be eligible for certain extra "deal" events, or if you have RatCatchers guild you will have extra options for "crime" events, or if you are the Order Rebellion events will be less likely to occur.
Mostly either you have the strength or you don't.

Wow... You guys have gone full out with this! this sounds like it will be a great addition to FFH.

Lol, deja-vu of waiting for fire.

Guilds sound great but it is impossible to give feedback without trying it out :)

Yeah can't wait for shadow, might have to resort to 'extreme measures' to survive until the 16th, hey Kael ;). I think my frst game will be Sidar esus or poss. Malakim Empyrean not sure. I think Belseraphs will be my second, they are one of my favourite ffh civs, it will be interesting to see how much they have changed... (even though a lot of stuff they were gonna get in shadow they already have)

I look forward to these new forts. Will they still have the attributes of cities in regards to trade, ship movement, and defence? (that is: will they act as a trade conduit between land and sea; will they act as 'canals' on narrow land bridges; will units with City Defence get their bonus)

I look forward to these new forts. Will they still have the attributes of cities in regards to trade, ship movement, and defence? (that is: will they act as a trade conduit between land and sea; will they act as 'canals' on narrow land bridges; will units with City Defence get their bonus)

Citadels act as cities but forts and castles dont. That was intentional as we didn't want workers to be able to throw down the city type bonuses on any plot. They had to grow up to get those sorts of bonuses.

Given that forts need time to advance and that they won't initially grant any resources, should they be moved back to an earlier technology? I was thinking it might be good for Forts to only require Construction, while Castles require Mathematics and Citadels Engineering.

Still, it seem like units should still get the bonus from the city garrison promotions even if they don't act as canals. (I definately don't think they should act as canals until Citadels, but I would be ok with the resources from Castles, and would prefer city garrison boni from all 3)

Citadels act as cities but forts and castles dont. That was intentional as we didn't want workers to be able to throw down the city type bonuses on any plot. They had to grow up to get those sorts of bonuses.
Cool.

I have my reservations, just as MagisterCultuum, but I'll give it a go or two first ;)

just a small remark regarding names.

For the Council there is a hero called Gibbon.

See, Gibbon is actually a kind of a monkey in German Language.

I am aware that we can not check all names for in all languages, but Gibbon sounds really ridiculous in German ears (and German is one of the 5 original languages of Civ).

I mean for a German there is a monkey sitting in the Council ..

Rod, in truth it would not be the first time that a monkey has sat on a council. :) I'm from a town near Hartlepool if you want to see how Monkeys are treated have a look at Wikipedia

It's not only in German that a Gibbon is a monkey.
This hero's name should have been "Kael Coalbane", however Kael thought it would be confusing when reporting games to refer to an in game "Kael".

I really don't think it would have been that troublesome, and i really hope the old name will be back.

Morgoth, the Sidar leader also had his name changed to something else (Sandalphon or something close IIRC) because Morgoth is an evil entity in Tolkiens world and the Sidar are neutral. However, i find it strange to have a leader's name changed after 2 years of existence for the mod. We all know Morgoth, as the Sidar were already in the game as AI only civ. Again, i hope the old name will be back. Sharing a name with an evil entity in another world doesn't bother me.

Don't you know that shadow is going to be partially based on a scifi movie from the 60's?

:p ;)

Liebe Grüße

Pretty sure he was just called Gibbon for testing. Sandalphon, a fallen angel IIRC, fits slightly better than Morgoth - Angband players like me have a hard time picturing Morgoth as neutral :)

Top Bottom