AI leaders as unusual wonder builders.

Anyone encounter leaders that appear out of character as hoarding wonders? In my current game Tokugawa has built in his capitol the following - chichen itza, the statue of Zeus, mausolem of maussollos, shwedagon paya, the hanging gardens, the pyramids. Current game time is 1250ad still more time for Toku to build even more wonders. I've never seen Toku be so aggressive at wonder building.

This whole wonder building AI business can be leveraged against them, if You situated near a civ, (a spiritual civ for example) like Spainards (i.e and if You've scouted them early) , Thay build Stonehenge-> You build warriors , You wait -> They build another wonder, You build units, You wait and in the pinnacle of their growth You strike ! Taking all of their wonders and achievements, conquering and enslaving (subjegating) them muahahahaha !!! (evil laughter :D) isn't civ beautiful ?

Sometimes you even can "read" from power graph that (s)he is building some wonder.. well thats good sign to prepare attack force and wait.. wait... wait... yes, its done and its..... Chicken Itza.. Crap :D

Sometimes you even can "read" from power graph that (s)he is building some wonder.. well thats good sign to prepare attack force and wait.. wait... wait... yes, its done and its..... Chicken Itza.. Crap :D

.... and oracle .... it's utter crap when captured actually ... it does not provide much needed +10 culturalt score .... and captured means nothing ....:crazyeye: scrap it and build a city wall like they've done with mausoleam ;) (at least some other civ didnd't get it - which is significant knowledge - at least .... ;) )

I would have invaded Toku's lands taking his wonders for myself, but Gilgamesh and Hammurabi stood between us. Cyrus was just north of Hammy, but was conquered by barbarians. Gilgamesh is a city spammer with lots of land between him and me. First game in a while that I didn't go for an early rush. Gilgamesh and I raced to settle as many cities as we could, leaving Hammy and Toku boxed in. Hammy founded Buddhism, spread it to Gilgamesh. As Hannibal I founded Christianity spread it to Japan but for most of the game Toku was free religion, only converting late game. Was pleased with him and signed defensive pack with Japan. Toku only built 5 cities, turtled himself has he usually does, but he continued building wonders. I guess that's all he could do, was hoard wonders. A wonder competition between he and I. I just found it a little odd seeing Toku with so many wonders. In the several years of playing civ4 I have never seen it in Toku's nature to be so prolific in wonder building.

Once as Monty's neighbor we got into the inevitable war. Once all of his units had destroyed themselves against my border hills cities filled with axes, I waltzed up and took his capital and was shocked to see it contained the pyramids. Never seen that before.

.... and oracle .... it's utter crap when captured actually ... it does not provide much needed +10 culturalt score .... and captured means nothing ....:crazyeye: scrap it and build a city wall like they've done with mausoleam ;) (at least some other civ didnd't get it - which is significant knowledge - at least .... ;) )

Oracle and Taj are why one of the first things I modded was to allow all wonders to give culture to the civ that captures them.

Top Bottom