What mods should I be having in my civ IV game?

Civ001

Chieftain
I would like to know, what mods should I be having on my Civ IV game? I only have the ones that come with the game but I would like to know what else should I have too?

Most people find the BUG Mod indispensable. It doesn't alter game play in any way, but presents information that you would normally have to search for in game in an easy to locate fashion. BUG has a sister component called BULL, which adds to BUG's functionality. It does not change game play either.

If you'd like to try BUG and BULL together along with better game graphics, try the BAT Mod. It's a stand alone mod containing BUG and BULL, but add civ specific graphics and units, movies, etc. It also does not change game play, if the base options are used.

There are other good mods out there. I would suggest looking through the Modpacks section of the Creation and Customization forum here at CFC to check them out.

Happy Civving! :)

Thanks, what about Caveman 2 cosmos mod? That's really good as well.

I haven't played it, but I know that it's very large, and very computer resource hungry. It can be a problem with low horsepower computers, or when using large maps. Otherwise, it is apparently a great mod.

Don't forget to download latest version of Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (RFC)!

You also may be interested in RFC Dawn of Civilization and RFC Europe modmods.

Fall From Heaven II.

A few more, only 2 of which are mods I'm listed as a creator for...

* Final Frontier Plus (much better than the Final Frontier mod that comes with the game)
* Rocks 2 Rockets (if Caveman 2 Cosmos is too much for your computer, or you want something with a few fewer changes to game mechanics)
* Dune Wars (very distinctive in appearance and play)
* Planetfall (Civ4 version of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri)

Without BUG Mod, how do I figure out whether the AI is plotting?

Click on their name, bring up the trade menu, and check the "declare war on X." If they won't because they say "We have enough on our hands right now" and they aren't currently at war, then they are plotting.

Top Bottom