It's been a while since I've played Civ IV

Tasonne

Deity
Can someone please tell me if you can build roads and colonies to supplies that are outside your border? Basically, what you're able to do in Civ III.

I've never played Civ III, but if I understand the question correctly, no. You can build roads to resources that are located outside of your cultural borders, but you will not have access to the resource until the the tile is under your control (in your borders). You can't improve or work a tile that is not in your cultural borders. The part about colonies doesn't make any sense to me so I can't help you there.

Can someone please tell me if you can build roads and colonies to supplies that are outside your border? Basically, what you're able to do in Civ III.

No, you can't. The concept of "Colony" is different in two games. You will need the resource to be within your cultural border to gain the benefits of it. The concept of "colony" in civ4 is to assign a random AI to manage your overseas expansion to reduce the upkeep of your expansion. Take note that once that happens, the AI is a vassal of you. For this matter, it is possible that the AI will/wont give you their resources. Additionally, in case that your land gets invaded or the colony gets too big, they might break free from you. :p

I do play Civ3 before so I can tell you by experience.

I've never played Civ III, but if I understand the question correctly, no. You can build roads to resources that are located outside of your cultural borders, but you will not have access to the resource until the the tile is under your control (in your borders). You can't improve or work a tile that is not in your cultural borders. The part about colonies doesn't make any sense to me so I can't help you there.

In BTS, you can build a fort (and a road) on a tile outside of your cultural borders, and have access to the resource as soon as your borders expand to control the tile.

I've got another question for you guys, if you'd be so kind: Is there a way to destroy my own cities? Say I want to move a city to a different tile, can I demolish one of my own cities?

Not without Worldbuilder, no.

Top Bottom