Bug Reports

When installing the mod on 64-bit Windows the icon of LoR does not appear correctly. The icon is falsely reported to locate in %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files, however, on a 64-bit Windows Civilization installs to \Program Files (x86).

Also, I guess this means the icon will not appear if Civilization is installed into a custom directory path?

:hmm: That's a wierd one, and it's strange it hasn't been reported before. Anyway I need to re-write the install script anyway, using some stuff from the BUG install script. Hopefully that will fix this at that time. Unfortunately I have no way to test 64 bit systems, as mine is 32.

I think you could use INSTALLDIR key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword? I assume the installation script is able to access the registry?

Also, I was running Windows 7, but I guess the same applies to Vista. Atm I'm back on XP as I can't get any work done on Seven... :)

:hmm: That's a wierd one, and it's strange it hasn't been reported before. Anyway I need to re-write the install script anyway, using some stuff from the BUG install script. Hopefully that will fix this at that time. Unfortunately I have no way to test 64 bit systems, as mine is 32.
By the way, I get the same bug with the installer for the icon on a 32-bit XP, because my Civ-Install is on D:\ instead of C:\ (which is my system drive with my Windows install) - got it in Planetfall, which uses the same installer IIRC, as well. It only affects the icon, though, not the actual link - I just never bothered to report it because it's a relatively minor issue (changing an icon takes like half a minute).

Cheers, LT.

Oh, I never got a special icon for the LoR shortcut either. I never reported it as I didn't know that there was supposed to be a special icon. It seems that it automatically assumed that I had installed the game in program files and I didn't install civ 4 in program files but in D:\Games\Civilization 4\

Found the icon though and repaired the link and I now have the nice LoR Icon.

Thanks I know why this is happening now. It uses a variable that is defined on my machine to link the icon with, I will adjust this to go off of the install directory when I update.

I'm pretty sure this is because all the Strings for Mao use the value CHINESE_LEADER instead of his name, MAO, like for all the other leaders do. So I'm pretty sure this happens in the stock game, though it's possible that default Civ has a hardcoded fix for this, but I kind of doubt it, lol. Anyway I'm really not worried about it. If it gets to the point where I have nothing else to work on, I might go through and change all of the strings for mao...

This problem becomes worse with other languages applied, in Finnish both the leader names and civ names are rather different from the English ones so the list is quite a mess from the viewpoint of a Finnish player.

I'm pretty sure this is because all the Strings for Mao use the value CHINESE_LEADER instead of his name, MAO, like for all the other leaders do. So I'm pretty sure this happens in the stock game, though it's possible that default Civ has a hardcoded fix for this, but I kind of doubt it, lol. Anyway I'm really not worried about it. If it gets to the point where I have nothing else to work on, I might go through and change all of the strings for mao...

Ah I see, makes sense. I wasnt sure how it would be happening so I figure best to report it just in case.

Hi guys...

I really love your Mod, the big problem is that the games keeps crashing halfway through. I tried clearing the cache, but it does not seem to help. Not really sure what the error is because Vista just tells me there is a problem, but not specifically what it is.

Any help would be welcomed

Hi guys...

I really love your Mod, the big problem is that the games keeps crashing halfway through. I tried clearing the cache, but it does not seem to help. Not really sure what the error is because Vista just tells me there is a problem, but not specifically what it is.

Any help would be welcomed

There are a couple critical art bugs in the 0.9.3 test build, so if this is in the test build, you need to update to the official version. Sorry, it's not save game compatible.

If this is the official 0.9.3 build, and you are getting a reproduceable crash, please upload a save so I can take a look at it. So far there are no known critical bugs in the 0.9.3 release, and if there is I need to find it, isolate it, and squash it. I need a save game with the bug occuring to do that.

Hi guys. Thanks for the help. I suspect I just don't have enough memory to run a large map game. I tried with the small map and it seems to run ok. Maybe I need to get a new computer or graphics card. I have the same problem with the HoTK mod as well.

Well here is the critical question. At least as far as mod stability is concerned (rather then being machine specific). Is the crash reproduceable? Can you load a save and have it crash on the exact same turn, or if you reload can you play further and then get a crash later on (which is more indicative of a machine specific issue)? If it's reproduceable, I definatly need the save with the crash. Also ensure you are playing LoR, and not LoRtest, as the 0.9.3x test build will definatly crash anyway, but those are all fixed (they are problems with ethnic unit art and missing artdefines strings).

Not a gamebreaker... When I mouse-over a leader's name on the scoreboard, the text "Contact xxxx of the xxxxx" is doubled up?

Alexander is having some serious problems with his slaves

This has been going on for at least 20-30 turns on Marathon speed.

Attachments

• slave revolt.JPG
    slave revolt.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 316
Thanks, this is a bug left over from the WoC inclusion in RevDCM. glider thought he had it resolved, will report it.

This is a very minor bug: when I'm about to get a new resource that brings happiness, I still get a report on a city getting unhappy the next turn. It never becomes unhappy because the resource becomes available on the next turn, but I still get the reports.

Another bug is a bit harder one and I don't have a savegame to provide: I finished a stables quest (make 7 of them) and I picked a bonus to get some food out of each stable. Later on I noticed that I did not have this bonus as I got a message that I had failed the quest (!!!), however I got another horse bonus (flanking) before that. At least the city screen didn't report that stables would provide any extra food.

Top Bottom