XP Question:

Bucephalus

Shooting from the lip....
Some units, notably swordsman and pikeman, don't get XPs from barracks; I would prefer it if they did - is there a relatively easy way to change this?

If you hove over the Barracks in the Civilopedia it will say "+2XP for ground units except when building is required to train." For balancing reasons the Swordman requires a barracks until the player reaches the medieval era, and the Pikeman will always require it.

Thanks, Phungus, I thought it was something like that; however, I've been tweaking this fantastic mod (just a little) for personal taste, and wondered about how you made it so specific units (swords, pikes, grenadiers, battleships[?]) don't get xps from barracks. Is there a simple way I can reverse the changes should I wish?

Thanks, Phungus, I thought it was something like that; however, I've been tweaking this fantastic mod (just a little) for personal taste, and wondered about how you made it so specific units (swords, pikes, grenadiers, battleships[?]) don't get xps from barracks. Is there a simple way I can reverse the changes should I wish?

Make them not have a building that grants XP as a prereq.

I'll code in an option in the RevDCM tab for 1.0, so people can turn off this feature; It's easy enough to do.

Top Bottom