Civilization Revolution, Is it worth it?

Is Civilization Revolution Worth It? (Please Explain!)

• Yes

Votes: 69 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters
It sure looks nice, and I own a 360 but I just can't see myself getting this. The gamestop review sold (or should I say, un-sold) it for me...

"gone are the terrain modification options" :(
"you're stuck with one particular style of randomly generated landmass" wow that stinks
"Gone too is the ability to do any great terraforming projects" BOOOOO!
"they didn't include a mini-map." no mini-map? no thank you.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a fanboy or scream perfection. From what Ive seen CivRev has LOTS of A++ features that I absolutely adore. However I don't like this whole idea of making it more, I don't know, accessable to a new generation? Does that sound right? I think you know what I mean. But I was 7 years old when I played Civ I and I didn't read the manual. All I had was trial and error and the civipedia (no gamefaqs back then thats for sure). Is this a remarkable feat? Not by any means, in fact I still can't beat Prince level. But did I need Civ-Lite when I was 7? No. ...do I need it now? No thanks, Civ-Rev - you're console-only because you just wouldn't fly on the PC.

It sure looks nice, and I own a 360 but I just can't see myself getting this. The gamestop review sold (or should I say, un-sold) it for me...

"gone are the terrain modification options" :(
"you're stuck with one particular style of randomly generated landmass" wow that stinks
"Gone too is the ability to do any great terraforming projects" BOOOOO!
"they didn't include a mini-map." no mini-map? no thank you.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a fanboy or scream perfection. From what Ive seen CivRev has LOTS of A++ features that I absolutely adore. However I don't like this whole idea of making it more, I don't know, accessable to a new generation? Does that sound right? I think you know what I mean. But I was 7 years old when I played Civ I and I didn't read the manual. All I had was trial and error and the civipedia (no gamefaqs back then thats for sure). Is this a remarkable feat? Not by any means, in fact I still can't beat Prince level. But did I need Civ-Lite when I was 7? No. ...do I need it now? No thanks, Civ-Rev - you're console-only because you just wouldn't fly on the PC.

why not at least try the demo before you just believe something some other guy said just because he gets paid to say it?

I have not found CivRev to be civ-lite, and I've found the majority of changes to fit what they are trying to do with the game.

I just finished my first game. Probably took about 4 hours or so (I broke it up into two parts over the evening). I'm not very good at Civ in general, so I was playing on Chieftan and went for a cultural victory. I hadn't built many military units at all so I didn't have much to manage every turn, and the pace of the game towards the end is lightning. I miss Scouts and auto-explore, but other than that the interface and flow of the gameplay is spot-on. There are a few annoying moments when multiple ambassadors or other leaders are giving you messages at the same time, leading to overlap, but it's not a big deal.

I had a really fun time. Very happy indeed with the game.

Top Bottom