Demo fine except for THIS

I retreated my legion armies before they had finished losing, and the Aztec armies didn't regen after those battles...when I let them finish killing off my army, they had regened. However, it takes a lot of retreated battles for you to be able to kill off enough of their archers to make a difference. It took me 4 or 5 retreats(in a single turn) before I hurt their army enough to kill it in a battle.

I retreated my legion armies before they had finished losing, and the Aztec armies didn't regen after those battles...when I let them finish killing off my army, they had regened. However, it takes a lot of retreated battles for you to be able to kill off enough of their archers to make a difference. It took me 4 or 5 retreats(in a single turn) before I hurt their army enough to kill it in a battle.

thats risky with experince though. Trying that got my last foe Alexander a truly unbeatable army. Catupaults were absolutly useless.

true...it can be risky, which is why I only tried it when I had 12 armies of legions outside Tenochtitlan and knew I'd eventually wear down that archer army.

That seems really overpowered, I hope the demo wasn't the final build of the game.

Elaborating on that... would it be possible to like create 30 caravans and block all the tiles of 'friendly' Civs? Just make sure you except everything to make peace, and they will run dry in notime!

Elaborating on that... would it be possible to like create 30 caravans and block all the tiles of 'friendly' Civs? Just make sure you except everything to make peace, and they will run dry in notime!

I think caravans cannot block tiles. Just surround his base with units in fortication mode and he will start moving units out of his city. Just be patience, u don't need to rush every single civilization in the first 2 mins of the game, and if you planning to play over warlord level, rush just not going to work so find another way to beat him. Block his tiles, move fast in tech, do not let him expand = GG.

I've read elsewhere that caravans do block tiles. Since it is not an aggresive unit, as long as you can stay in peace, your caravans would block a lot of resources. (possibly all on some cities)

I've read elsewhere that caravans do block tiles. Since it is not an aggresive unit, as long as you can stay in peace, your caravans would block a lot of resources. (possibly all on some cities)

Woa, is that true the AI has to be way to stupid to let you block tiles and do not do anything. Anbyway is too risky because if you go to war he could easily steal all your caravans. Kepp him in war, there is not penalty for that, and use units so they can level up when he decide to get out of the city.

thay need to retuch the aztec power makeing it so thay dont heal untill the next turn. other wise it will be realy damn hard, allmost imposible to win in battle.

thay need to retuch the aztec power makeing it so thay dont heal untill the next turn. other wise it will be realy damn hard, allmost imposible to win in battle.

Is hard, but only at the beginning. U you go stray for tech u can easily beat him with cannons, spies and knights. Remember, spies is the key attacking any civ. At least 3 or 4 depending of the difficulty of the AI.

Ok, so I was Rome and I was at war with the Aztecs. I get my army of Legions, and march into one of there cities... He had an army of archers defending it. I had an attack of 12 and he had a defense of 15... Not surprisingly, he won that battle. However, I killed at least half of us forces before doing so.

So I attack him again with different forces, that same turn. And instead of the Archers being any weaker, they went from 15, to 18, and all the dead ones apparently revived that same turn!

Please, someone tell me this is a glitch that will be fixed in time for the real game:(

its not possible for the archers to be revived in civ4. if it was in civ 4 it was a glitch.

There is a balance already for this. When I first got the demo, I parked a Caravan outside of a rival civ city to see if I could wait and get a bigger gold bonus later.

The caravan was lost after a few turns in the rival territory due to bandit attacks, so you will lose parked Caravans after a short while.

Top Bottom