[MOD] Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers

Sorry to post again but Im just curious if there is something im doing wrong or can this mod not be played multiplayer? Cause me and my lil bro keep playing lan and direct connect but everytime one of us tries to issue a letter of marque the game goes out of sync and when we resync the privateer is gone and back to whatever it was before.

I really am not familiar with the multiplayer part of the game so I haven't designed it with that in mind. But are ya'll on the same team when you play or are ya'll opponents? Test both ways if you can?

What else can happen to make a game go out of sync so I can have something else to compare too? Maybe someone else knows something about this?

This mod version is still in testing phase actually so have you played through a game on single player without any errors yet?

I am working on the next update now so if anyone wants to test this and give some feed back that would be great.

Coming in next update:

Wondering what to do with all that Pirate Loot you get from missions?? Not to worry, now you can spend that loot in your cities. Each time you spend your plundered loot it increases that cities pirates affiliation. Once that affiliation is high enough that city will become a Pirate Haven:goodjob:.

Pirate Havens:

-Allows all Privateers/Pirates/Buccaneers a chance to evade being sunk arriving at the Pirate Haven, empty of cargo and damaged but still alive.
-You can build Privateers at Pirate havens.
-Smuggle Goods command: a new mission that becomes available once you have a pirate haven. Pirates will smuggle goods to Europe and sell them on the black market. You can even sell goods that have you have been banded from buy or selling. These transactions do not cause the Europe market to change prices.
-Pirate Hunters will sometimes try to intercept Smugglers
-Drinking House: this new building acts as a warehouse and adds an extra 50% to defense as pirates act as defenders to the city. Can be upgraded to a Tavern, then an Inn with added benefits.

Also new skins and sounds... stay tuned!!

Attachments

• error messages.JPG
    error messages.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 212
View attachment 216836

The attachment contains all of the error messages (except the last one).
Please tell me how to resolve this.

Hey, so sorry. I had uploaded the wrong version... not even sure what version that was but it was not the one I ment to upload.

I just posted a new version on the download page. Please test to make sure. It loaded just fine when I just started it up. Thanks!

this sounds awesome, but im new to all this modding. how do i actually get it INTO the game so i can use it?

this sounds awesome, but im new to all this modding. how do i actually get it INTO the game so i can use it?

Just download it, Unzip it and add it to your "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization/Mods" folder. Start the game then click Advanced then click Load a Mod. Find the mod and start it up. There you go!

Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers (Full Version) v0.3 alpha DEBUG version

Just uploaded the new version for Download... check it out!

Features of this Mod:

- Play as a Buccaneer Captain with traits designed for Privateering, Raiding, and Pirateing
- New Founding Captains they give you benefits to your whole colony as well as a ship of their own.
- Capture ships with the new Freebooter Unit
- Open a Smuggler's Port and put your Idle Pirates to work in your Colony running Contraband (Cargo that has been band by your King)
- More uses for Criminals. Think they are useless? Think again!
- Over 20 new Units (Art is mostly reskins)

Important:

Very few of the Descriptions have been filled in. But you can find in the Game Concepts section of the Pedia 3 new Categorys for this mod, they are:
- Pirate Affiliation and Infamy
- Pirates, Buccaneers, Freebooters, and Privateers
- Smugglers
Please refer to those while in game for an overview of what to do.

Just posted some screen shots on front page.

Below you will find some of the Stars of the show. From left to right to back you can see a Freebooter, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, Master Weaver, Freebooter Scout (just put him together, I am so proud), Sheebooter, and in the back you see a Pirate Sloop.

The Swashbuckler and Freebooter scout will be in the next update. Swashbuckler is the new Dragoon unit for the Pirates. It cost 50 guns but 50 Rum instead of Horses.

Thanks to the FFH team for the Swashbuckler unit I used and the Skin for the new scout. Can't remember where I got the Master weaver skin.

Dear Kailric! Two days Im testing your creation, great job. But can't finish! because something in new additions of battle screens. First: combat is go under black screen and not return to normal interface. After 200 steps is fall out at all with error message. Can't send log of message something connect to CvCoredll. Sinserely Sergey.

Dear Kailric! Two days Im testing your creation, great job. But can't finish! because something in new additions of battle screens. First: combat is go under black screen and not return to normal interface. After 200 steps is fall out at all with error message. Can't send log of message something connect to CvCoredll. Sinserely Sergey.

Can you link us a saved game? What is happening when the combat screen goes black, who is attacking who, what units, etc?

But send me a saved game just before the crash or "fall out" happens, ok. You can also press Ctrl-W and bring up the Editor. From there you may can see what is happening. What are the units on the screen at that time? You can also save the game as a scenerio in the Editor. Then reload it, play it and see if crash happens again. If it does, open the Editor again and delete some units, then play a turn. Do this until the crash stops then note what unit or units you deleted. This way you can find out what units are cauesing the problem then I can check the code for that unit.

Thanks for report! I will be back later this evening.

Dear Kailric! I'v made video, but don't know how to send it, too big 48m. All my trys don't gives results, and I made this video. Will attach last save. Sergey

Dear Kailric! I'v made video, but don't know how to send it, too big 48m. All my trys don't gives results, and I made this video. Will attach last save. Sergey

Just post the last save you have. You can post things right here on the forums. Just click on the "paper clip" above the text area here and when you are at the Manage Attachment screen just click on "browse" then find you saved game, then click "upload". Now click on the down arrow next to the paper clip up top then select your attachment. It will look something like [Attach112345[\Attach] in this text field. Then just "Submit Reply".

Posting the last save.

Ok, I got the save. Wow, thats a huge map :) I played through a few turns but have not had a crash yet. When I set the AI to autoplay for me I had a crash, but that could be not even related to your crash as the AI isn't set up yet to use all the units a Human can.

At what turn do you crash in that save? Send me another save if you can but this time save just before a crash happens. Make sure you have given all your units their commands just like in a real game then save it. Hit the next turn then if it crashes send me that save, ok.

Top Bottom