Accelerated production...

wvfoos

Warlord
Does anyone play with it on?

Does the settler factory in bamspeedy's article assume you are using it????

the few multiplayer games ive attempted (and was able to start) I played with it on. it makes the game alot faster.

I don't think Bamspeedy needs AP to build a settler factory.

Bamspeedy's 4 turn settler factory is assuming its OFF.

I'm not a big fan, it unbalances the game too much & makes the pace too quick. Would be good in MP games though.

The settler factory he uses is without ap (accelerated production).

I found that AP is used a lot online and I personally used it for awhile but got sick of it quite soon. Back to regular ol' civ PTW.

I don't use AP for two reasons. First and most important I don't own PTW so I can't use it even if I wanted to. Secondly having production halved would take out some of the challenge of it to me.

I always use it in MP, but never in SP. Didn't even see that it was an option.

Bamspeedy would NEVER use AP! It simply doesn't fit the concepts! For example, PTW cannot handle a proper rounding off for AP, screwing the time of producing a miltary unit vs. a settler vs. a building....

Originally posted by Gengis Khan
I'm not a big fan, it unbalances the game too much & makes the pace too quick. Would be good in MP games though.

That's exactly the reason why I use it. I hate slow games.

Not as bad as before, but I used to play these freakin' huge maps, and was still doing that when AP came out. Now I either play DyP or PBEM, so AP is still desireable.

I can't see waiting for things. . . .

I've never tried it - but I only ever play SP games so there has never been any need for me to.

Top Bottom