I can't achieve domination vic!

Roxtar

Leader of the Musicians
I've seen some people complain about getting premature domination vics when pursuing conquest (or some other vic), but I have the opposite problem:

I'm the Aztecs on the North America map. I'm down to one rival (Russia) & they're down to one city. It's on a single-tile island so I can't take it until I discover Amphibious War (which will take 6 or 7 more turns) & build a few Marines. All vic conditions are on & my goal has been domination. Toward that goal, I've kept almost all of my conquered cities & built temples in them. I control just about all of the mainland--except for some of the tundra of Alaska & Canada & a bit of the jungle of northern South America. I even have a few island cities & recently built 2 on Cuba. Surely that's gotta be more than 2/3 of the land! Or is there more to domination than that?

You have to own 66% of the population, too.

Dowload MapStat and run it on your last .sav. It will tell you how many more tiles you need in addition to how much more population you need. Hope this helps. :D

If you are not sure, can always check it with Mapstats (can be downloaded from the utility forum here). My bet is that you may be a couple hundred tiles short from triggering the domination limit.

PS: Sometimes look can be deceiving

How can you check if you have enough tiles or not? You know, like to know if you're 3 tiles away or 300 away so you can attack other people enough. :p

Originally posted by Superevie
How can you check if you have enough tiles or not? You know, like to know if you're 3 tiles away or 300 away so you can attack other people enough. :p

If you are not so sure, use the Mapstats program.;) It's a tiny utility that will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Originally posted by Moonsinger

If you are not so sure, use the Mapstats program.;) It's a tiny utility that will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Like, where can I get that from? Is it in the game or do I need to download it from another party?

OK, so 2/3 of the pop has gotta be my nationality. Some of it has remained American, Chinese, Egyptian, etc., long after I wiped out their mother countries, so that explains it. In that case, I suppose a "raze & replace" strat could hasten domination vic.

Coastal tiles (but not sea or ocean) count towards the domination limit. So you may control lots of LAND, but due to lots of coastal tiles on the map you don't quite have the limit.

I posted a link to it in my post. Forgot to give the title. :lol:

Originally posted by Superevie
Like, where can I get that from? Is it in the game or do I need to download it from another party?

The link has been posted by Smellincoffee!;) Btw, it's a small (1 file) program. Just copy it to your hard drive and run it. It's that simple.

//Edit: my connection seems to be very slow at the moment. By the time I post, others have already answer the question.:(

I downloaded it successfully and I really like MapStat! I am definitely going to be using this program all the time. ;) Thanks guys! :)

isn't there a screen in C3C that will show this, I'm sure I saw a screenshot, along with all the other criteria for victory, can't find it, I hope it wasn't a dream

I just won my game by Conquest; my Marines took that last Russian city. I then saved my game, DL'ed & opened Mapstat, & found that I had indeed not quite reached the tile threshold for Domination. (I had well over the needed pop, though; nationality doesn't matter as long as they live in cities I control.) I needed 2013 tiles to dominate & reached 2009 with that last conquered city. Thus, Conquest vic beat Domination by a whisker in 1290 AD, while I was in the late Industrial Age.

After my Conquest vic, I reloaded to the point where I made peace with Russia after taking all but that one little city. Then I got busy settling the jungle of northern South America (where I had auto-razed a couple of Russian cities) plus Cuba & a few other islands. Building cathedrals in ex-Russian cities (especially coastal ones) helped also (border expansion). So, in 1270 AD...

I *finally* got my domination vic! Now I've achieved all vics except histograph, aka retirement.

I noticed that on the Chieftan and Warlord levels, I'd win Domination victories easily. Now on Regent, I seem to win by Space Race or High Score.

Top Bottom