Tabula Rasa: A Mafia Game

dom3k electra

I would like to be mayor, but I'd never get it so Catharsis..

Go ahead and lynch me, I'm going on vacation so I can't play anyway. :p

Catharsis for the hurtful statements.

In case this updates when I'm not here, I'll post this in advance.

Your analysis of the clue sounds good to me. I agree that it could very well be a false one due to the brevity of it. And the list analysis makes sense as well. I'm going to follow your example and vote electric926. I'm not going to give a second vote, however, as I think the idea of random voting to be completely idiotic, and generally doesn't work.

I agree with Zack that Catharsis should be mayor as he's the only one thus far to even try cracking the clues, which is our only way to even stand a chance against the mafia.

:lol:

I voted for you yet you didn't vote for yourself.

Catharis seems to be a mafia, as it seems scummy to propose yourself for mayor, especially first.

Bluuuuh, huge bandwagon, don't like that, it usually means I'm wrong. :sad:

You do get two votes, guys. May as well use them. I'm switching my second one from CivGeneral to Owen Glyndwr for saying that random voting is idiotic and then not giving a second vote. If you think a clue is false then random voting's all you can do, man, but if not, then it's time to solve those clues, not run from the vote!

Get cracking, Owen. Show your working.

10.00 PM in what timezone?

PST! Sorry for forgetting to mention that.

Well, you don't just propose yourself for Mayor and then get floods of people to vote for you. Extortion was involved methinks. Which means I will probably be killed tonight for saying too much. Any further words must be spoken in PM hidden from them

As for my vote for you, it was random. I might as well keep it though, unless someone else (Other than Catharis) who is actually scum-like.

In fact- Catharis recently PMed me saying to vote for him for mayor or suffer the consequences. Sounds scummy to me, and I probably wasn't the first. We will all die if we don't lynch him.

unvote electric, vote them

well actually, keep the vote on electric

Vote: electric926

Vote: Owen Glyndwr For Mayorship

In fact- Catharis recently PMed me saying to vote for him for mayor or suffer the consequences.

Right, well, that's a lie, a fairly obvious one in fact. 'Suffer the consequences', LOL.

I can't decide whether you lied because you're scum, or you lied because you usually do stuff like that. But I'm not happy with my vote on electric any more, so why not.

electric926, Domination3000

How's it going, Owen? Worked out the clues yet? ;)

*sigh*. Dommy dommy dommy--the mayoralship doesn't really matter.

And I doubt catharsis said that when he had a pretty big plurality.

electric Domination3000.

Domination3000

My first one was on electric a page back or so. Domination3000, I honestly think you're lieing. In a game like this, where Cartharis already has the position in the bag, why would he send you a PM like that? Doesn't make sense.

Okay I switch back, electra dom3k

EDIT: Okay here is my reason. My options were either
1. Stay off the bandwagon, makes me look kind scummy.
2. Vote hop to get on the bandwagon.

Now I realize it would probably be less scummy to stay off the bandwagon, but I was dumb I didn't think about it. It was kind of a loose/loose for me.

DAY THE FIRST

After some shocked silence followed by contemplative silence, and finally awkward silence, the townspeople began to deliberate. Not a single one seemed to suspect this mysterious figure who had just appeared one day in this town. Perhaps it was for the best. He sighed and stared off into the distance. Who knew what dreams he viewed with the mind's eye? Were visions of other towns floating before him, his teetering bulb of dread and dream not giving him any respite from the past, the destiny of this town having played out so many times before?

No, that was just absurd.

As the sun snuck away from view, having discovered newly found shyness and perhaps not wishing to glimpse the carnage that awaited the town, the man stood suddenly.

"So it's decided," said he. "Catharsis shall be mayor!" The words mocked the sullen occasion of this man's sudden promotion.

"Thank you, thank you," he said. There wasn't enough time for any celebratory speeches.

"Our first mode of business--"

"Is the lynching!" A voice from the back of the crowd yelled. This seemed to be a rather amenable idea. Suddenly Domination3000 and electric926 were pushed to the front.

"Lynch them!"

"Yeah!"

Apparently sometime during the day the mysterious man had built a scaffold, on top of which was a station suitable for hanging a rope, which he hung there, and a trapdoor suitable for hanging people, which of course immediately followed.

First was Domination3000.

"I'll have you know," he said, but the executioner didn't wait for him to finish speaking and pulled the lever.

Spoiler :
Domination3000 was innocent!

Next was electric926. He was resigned to his fate and didn't speak a word.

With a creak and a thud, he died.

Spoiler :
electric926 was innocent!

The town having failed to catch any mafia members on the first day bothered no one. Happily, they all returned home...

--

Mayor Votes
Mayor Vote:
Catharsis: IIIIIII
Owen Glyndwr: II
electric926: I

Lynch Votes
Lynch Vote:
Domination3000: IIIIIII
electric926: IIIIII
Catharsis: IIIII
Owen Glyndwr: I
Zack: I

--

It is now NIGHT 1!
No public posting!
Night ends on August 5th, at 10:00 PM PST!

Oops, I just read no night posting, sorry. :blush:

Top Bottom