World Wonders which Civ Players have visited?

The Pillar of Artemis ;)

Sadly there has been an great absence of world wonders where I've traveled. :sad:

The Temple of Artemis has seen better days :)

How much money you Westerners have to visit all those wonders? Just joking ;). You really are lucky to have seen all these wonders. Because I haven't seen any of them.

I was lucky - my father used to work for the UN so he travelled a lot, and when I was young my mum and I tagged along. Also living in Europe helps, as there are lots of European wonders relatively close to each other - France and England, the two countries I've lived in for most of my life, have six wonders between them. And I wouldn't have seen the Terracotta Army, the Great Wall or Sydney Opera House if I didn't have relatives in Australia and China.

I've been mugged numerous times (I always travel with my money in two-three separate spots)

Where did you get mugged if you don't mind me asking (in a general area)? Parts of asia? I've done a good bit of hitchhiking in Europe and Russia (and a little in South America) without any problems (knock on wood), except for one time getting pickpocketed on a bus.

Thinking of SE asia and china next year, likely hitching, but the older I get the more skittish I get about my less conventional methods of travel.

-Big Ben
-Broadway
-Eiffel Tower
-Louvre
-Notre Dame
-Pentagon
-Statue of Liberty
-UN

Oh wow, guess I've been to more than I'd thought. Notre Dame's probably my favorite, as I'm a big Victor Hugo fan.

I've not been to any wonders currently listed (unless you include natural wonders, then I've been to Old Faithful).

-The UN (if that still counts)
-The statue of liberty
-Broadway

And, living in Toronto, the CN tower on quite a regular basis. In fact, it can be hard to miss, depending on where exactly you live.

Haven't seen as many as some people here, but have been to:

- Broadway
- Statue Of Liberty (from a distance)
- Big Ben
- Louvre
- Notre Dame
- Eifel Tower
- Chichen Itza (nice but personally liked Uxmal and Tikal much better)
- Alhambra
- Leaning Tower
- Ufizi
- Sistine Chapel
- Circus Maximus (if that counts)

Great idea for a thread, but it needs a poll. Hope @brewgod doesn't mind my posting one here.

Oh - and I've been to Stonehenge, Big Ben, Louvre, Notre Dame and Eiffel Tower :)

A bit of time traveling in Europe, and you can see a number. Paris alone has three of them.

Ha - I read that as actual time travelling - which would enable you to see the Colossus, the Great Library, the Great Lighthouse, the Temple of Artemis, the Statue of Zeus, the Mausoleum in all their glory - and maybe the Hanging Gardens too, if you can work out where it is, that is :crazyeye:

Borobudur (I'm Indonesian, so yeah), Big Ben, Louvre, Sydney opera house, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, UN(in geneva), CN tower, Great Wall, Forbidden Palace, Great Firewall (my Kaspersky rocks! :D)

Top Bottom