1.0.1.141 repeated crashing after unit moves

gascooker

Chieftain
Since the release of the 1.0.1.141 patch the program is guaranteed to crash at random points in a game.

The game crashes when any unit is moved to a new hex. It could be a scout, a boat or a worker. It never seems to crash when just selecting buttons, or using info screens, etc.

Sometimes the crash happens after 50 turns. Sometimes after 200 turns. It seems to be random. Unlike other people's CTD problems, I can reload the game and carry on, but it will again crash an unspecified number of turns later. This happens on games with MODs, games without MODs and on varying sizes of map.

On 2 occaisions it has crashed to blue screen, and decimated the RAM on the PC. I have quite a high spec computer, and this didn't happen before the patch.

------------------------------------
Intel Core 17 930 3.8GHz
12GB PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON HD5870 1024Mb graphics card
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I'm finding that the game crashes a lot more frequently with the new patch than it did before as well.

I have another copy of the game in the house on a lower-spec laptop and exactly the same crashes occur on this machine since patch 1.0.1.141.

This machine has to run the game on DX9, but still after unit moves the game will crash randomly at points in the game. After re-loading an autosave, the game carries on, but will crash again at some unspecified turn further on.

The laptop:

Intel Dual Core 2.2GHz
4GB RAM
Windows Vista SP3

Ditto, this is ridiculous, seems to happen after turns in the 160's almost every time.

Top Bottom