SMAX Scenario "One if by Land, Two if by Sea"

Darsnan

Emperor
Welcome to the SMAX Spartans Scenario "One if by Land, 2 if by Sea". History on this one is that I recently CMN'd a PBEM for Kirov and Kataphraktoi, and while playtesting the PBEM I thought to myself that this would make a great scenario. This game is the result.
Highlight of this scenario is that it uses a low grav mod in that movement values for most units have been increased by one. And the only other thing I'm going to say about that is that its a good thing that the Spartans get to use 2 military units for Police purposes!

Directions

1) In your SMACX Scenarios subdirectory create a folder called "1 Land_2 Sea", and download and unzip the “1 Land_2 Sea” files into it.
2) Start up SMAX, then select "Scenario", "Play Scenario", and then go to the subdirectory "1 Land_2 Sea" and choose the scenario. The game will automatically load with the Spartans.

Changelog

The alphax.txt file for this game is using a low grav mod, with a majority of the various chassis receiving +1 movement. Infantry now move 2, Speeders 3, Hovertanks 4, etc. Other notable changes are listed below:

#RULES
- Max Artillery Range is 6: the AI rarely uses it, however it is "in theme" for a low grav mod in that ballistics should be able to travel further in a low gravity environment. Have fun with it!

#RESOURCEINFO
- Ocean squares yield 1/1/1.
- Monoliths give 2/3/2

#WORLDBUILDER
- Global Warming has been reduced significantly.

#CHASSIS
- As noted above most chassis have increased movement points.

#DEFENSES
- most defensive armor types have been increased by one.

#UNITS
- There are 41 units in the alphax.txt for this game. It is advised to review these units at game startup, and develop your strategies accordingly.
- Several of the base units (such as Colony Pods, Probes, Scouts) have been aquatized, meaning they have the Amphibious Pods ability.
- The 8th Faction has been replaced by my own set of units called the Sentinels.

#FACILITIES
- The Virtual World has been moved to Social Psychology. Rationale: watering down the beeline to Industrial Automation.
- The Cloudbase Academy has been moved to Monopole Magnets. Rationale: watering down MMI.

FACTIONS
AI factions have been modified to make them more challenging.

D

Attachments

• 1 Land_2 Sea.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 153
Top Bottom