any ideas for "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: The Movie"?

This thread reminded me of "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within".

Morgan: D. Washington
Myriam: Cate Blanchett
Zakharoff: Jon Voight
Santiago: Salma Hayek
Lal: (L)Al Patchino :)
Diedre: Eva Green
Yang: Chow Yun-Fat

What about the expansion leaders? Orlando Bloom for Zven?

Morgan: D. Washington
Myriam: Cate Blanchett
Zakharoff: Jon Voight
Santiago: Salma Hayek
Lal: (L)Al Patchino :)
Diedre: Eva Green
Yang: Chow Yun-Fat

What about the expansion leaders? Orlando Bloom for Zven?

What are you? CRAZY???? Al Pachino? AS LAL?????????:lol: Plus the expansion leaders should be shown in the sequel. Cate Blanchett is not a perfect Miriam. SHE'S ENGLISH!!!!! You have a point there about Denzel Washington being Mongan & Salma Hayek as Santiago.

Come on, Al Pachino was a joke, I thought with the smiley it was quite obvious :rolleyes:

As for Cate Blanchett, if she can play the Queen of England, she can play Myriam too. Do we really need to stick to their ethnicities, anyway?

A posh English woman just does not seem as radically environmentalist as the Scottish voice actor that played Deidre.

As for Miriam, get the lady that runs the Kids on Fire camp. For those who don't know, that was the Jesus Camp in Jesus Camp.

:rotfl::rotfl: What's the Jesus Camp in Jesus Camp?

You know what, your right. We need someone with Gaelic origins & someone who cares for the enviroment as much as Al Gore.

Corazón Santiago: Penélope Cruz is perfect.

Deirdre Skye: I like the Keira Knightly idea

Prokhor Zakharov: Viggo Mortensen

Pravin Lal: Genuinely stumped.

Sheng-Ji Yang: If only Mako were still with us. . .

Miriam Godwinson: Holly Hunter

Nwabudike Morgan: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Corazón Santiago: Penélope Cruz is perfect.

Deirdre Skye: I like the Keira Knightly idea

Prokhor Zakharov: Viggo Mortensen

Pravin Lal: Genuinely stumped.

Sheng-Ji Yang: If only Mako were still with us. . .

Miriam Godwinson: Holly Hunter

Nwabudike Morgan: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Who the heck is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje? He's not famous. And Penelope Cruz doesn't have enough shpunk as Salma Hayek does.

Who the heck is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje? He's not famous. And Penelope Cruz doesn't have enough shpunk as Salma Hayek does.

He's not famous? Are you crazy? What does fame have to do with acting talent anyway? Also, while Salma Hayek may have more "shpunk" than Cruz, it doesn't mean she is in the same league as far as acting ability goes.

He's not famous? Are you crazy? What does fame have to do with acting talent anyway? Also, while Salma Hayek may have more "shpunk" than Cruz, it doesn't mean she is in the same league as far as acting ability goes.

We need a Latino actress who has more experience in action movies. Besides, Salma Hayek sounds like Santiago.

Wait, action movie? I want no part of that. I see AC as a psychological character driven drama.

Wait, action movie? I want no part of that. I see AC as a psychological character driven drama.

The movie's an sci-fi action psychological drama about man's future as a species with a little romance & horror. But mostly it concerns about mankind's future.

:bump:
Hey an idea occurred to me today: what if they went the way of the Adam West Batman and threw the tone of the source material out the window in favor of a comedy? Here's a theoretical cast:
Pravin Lal: Deep Roy with a goatee (note how the game only shows him from the neck up.)
Miriam Godwinson: Rita Rudner
Shen-Ji Yang: Steve Park
Corazon Santiago: America Ferrara
Nwabiduke Morgan: Chris Rock
Diedre Skye: Craig Ferguson in drag.
Prokhor Zakharov: Yarkov Smirnoff (In Neo-Soviet Russia, Fruit tastes you!)

On a less pretend note, here's an idea for an opening: We see a young Miriam in the present day eating breakfast with her family. She tells them about a dream where basically, God tells her the earth will be destroyed, God will kick them out of the Garden of Eden one more time, and the nations will come together and send a ship to the new earth. But the ship will split into six nations of Babylon and one nation of the righteous. God also tells her that she will lead the nation of the righteous to victory over the others, until he personally comes to rule the new earth. Her father declares here a prophetess, and after some more dialogue, we cut to disaster aboard the Unity.

Top Bottom