[FIXED] Patch 1.0.1.135 - Luxury deals last one turn!

EscapedGoat

Warlord
Hi,

I just started a game under the 1.0.1.135 patch, and my luxury sales deal ends repeatedly after one turn! so I can sell it for 300 gold every single turn. It says that the deal lasted 30 turns even though it only lasts one.

I settled my city on top of the luxury if that could be involved (worked fine before this patch)

Please post a save game that illustrates the problem. Thanks!

We've tried replicating this, and cannot reproduce the problem. A save would be appreciated. :)

We've tried replicating this, and cannot reproduce the problem. A save would be appreciated. :)

Hi, unfortunately i did not save those 2 particular games, but I am playing one now where i have a quicksave of a variant of the same bug. Please see attached.

Load the game and look at the the deal history - i have one deal with Suleiman that i made at turn 23 trading 1 gpt for 22 gold. It says the deal is finished and lasted 30 turns. Since I am now at turn 49 that's quite impossible. In fact, the deal lasted only one turn before it cancelled.

The bug only seems to happen with very early trades, I think it may happen when the AI reaches zero gpt - maybe the deal is cancelled to not allow them to go into negative numbers?

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    559.5 KB · Views: 143
I think it may happen when the AI reaches zero gpt - maybe the deal is canceled to not allow them to go into negative numbers?

I suspect this could be the problem. But there should be a special pop-up saying something like "Recent events have made it impossible for (civ) to continue trading (stuff) to you. The deal has been automatically canceled for both sides."

I can confirm this bug. It just happened to me in my game. It sucks, too, because now trading with the AI feels like a complete exploit.

I did see something that I think may be related. I went to the Diplomacy overview, leftmost tab, to see who had the most gold to trade. I had 2 cotton available. Rammalammadingdong had the most, but Monte had something like -170 gold in his treasury! After I completed the trade with Siam, I revisited the diplomacy screen, and suddenly Monte was up to +79 or somesuch in his treasury. So I traded with him (71 immediate and 7 gpt, IIRC). Played, hit next turn, and the deal cancelled. Diplo reported that Monte was still positive, both in his treasury and in GPT, but who knows what he really had.

Here's what happened:
1) I sold Xian to Wu for 298 golds & 69 GPT
2) On the next turn, the GPT was suddenly cancelled without DOW or any other clear reasons
3) I checked the diplo view and found that Wu had -292 golds (how did she lose this much money?) and 75 GPT
4) Then I talked with Wu and found that she got 6 golds (money came out of nowhere!) and 75 GPT

EDIT: Maybe this post should be moved to here. Sorry, I rearly see the bug reports forum.

I too have seen this. Selling whales to Ghandi. It wasn't for all his GPT, but it was for all his gold. Left him on 0 gold, 3 GPT IIRC.

Happening all the time in my attached game. Trade any luxuries to any of the 3 civs I've met and you'll see.

Attachments

• Trade Bug.Civ5Save
    528.8 KB · Views: 193
I post before and after saves of the same bug, different game.

Steps to reproduce:
Load save Elizabeth_0057
Offer Haiwatha Ivory for 9gpt
Proceed to next turn
Observe deal cancellation

In Diplomacy --> Deal history observe that this can happen multiple consecutive times. Without really testing it I guess the AI cancels because it cant afford to continue the deal.

This is the same bug as Patch 1.0.1.135 - Luxury deals last one turn!

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0057 BC-1720.Civ5Save
    446.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Elizabeth_0058 BC-1680.Civ5Save
    450 KB · Views: 129
I also had this problem trading Ivory to Gandhi. First he traded me all of his gold (11 gp) + all of his gpt (8). After one turn the deal was cancelled. On that turn I started diplo with him again and he had 11 gpt so I traded again the Ivory for 8 gpt. Still, the deal lasted for only one turn. I don't have a save though. :(

Very odd. I can't reproduce the bug. I loaded the Trade Bug save save file several times. Traded Dye to Genghis for 10 Gold, which he accepted. Played several more turns and the deal remained in effect. Reloaded the save and traded Dye to Genghis for 5 GPT. Again, the deal remained in effect for multiple turns. Reloaded and traded Marble to Alex for 9 GPT. Once again, the deal remained in effect. When I load the save, I can see deals that expired after one turn, but they don't expire for me. It doesn't appear that a hotfix was released overnight.

I have the Babylon DLC. Does anyone who gets this bug have Babylon?

ETA: I finally managed to reproduce the bug. I trade Dye to Genghis for 19 Gold and 7 GPT (which is what he offered for Dye). The deal expired next turn. I also got the same result with the Trade Bug 2 file when trading Dye to Darius for 304 Gold and 1 GPT. But the deal didn't end when I only asked for 10 Gold and 1 GPT.

It seems the bug is that the AI offers more Gold and GPT than they can afford. The deal ends after one turn because the AI can't pay for the deal any longer.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

EDIT: Maybe this post should be moved to here. Sorry, I rearly see the bug reports forum.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

And no problem. If you doubt, if it has been reported or not, then report it.

I had a similar problem: Signed a Reasearch Agreement with Suliman, plus some extra money from me per turn, and open borders. Next turn, all the deals were cancled, with the icon on the side of the screen saying it was because we were now at war, even though we weren't. The next turn, I could sign open borders that stayed.

I had suspected it was caused by an AI completeing a City-State mission, but seeing this, I now doudt that.

Unfortunatly, I do not have a save.

Same here. Looking for a save now.

Edit: ah, found it. Playing as Gandhi, King level, standard game. A deal with Genghis just ended. I did the following together:

- Selling marble to Genghis for his 2 gpt.
- Selling 31 gold to Elizabeth for 1 gpt.
- Fortifying all units (except where I was forced to move a newly built unit out of a city)

The next turn, the marble deal with Genghis was immediately cancelled. The deal with Elizabeth continued.

The problem also happens if
- I only make the deal with Genghis, for 1 gpt (and make no deal with Elizabeth)

It does not happen if I sell Marble to Genghis for his OB.
it does not happen if I sell ~50 gold to Genghis for 1 gpt.

Attachments

• deal ended Gandhi_0040 BC-2400.Civ5Save
    485.6 KB · Views: 137
In one game, I have sold a city 50GPT, but at next round, the GPT suddenly ended for no reason. The kind of thing happen again in the same game!!!

Welcome to CFC :)

This bug has already been reported and confirmed.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

I pretty much gave up on Civ 5 for oh so many reasons...but now they've patched it so I started a new game with an open mind and...my trade agreement with Montezuma gets cancelled every turn:mad:...any help explaining and fixing this would be much appreciated but please spell it out as I'm thick at technical stuff:confused:

This is a new bug that was introduced by patch 1.0.1.135. I'll merge this thread with the one in the Confirmed Bugs forum. You can get more information by reading the other posts in the thread.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

Top Bottom