10 New City States?

Just out of interest, why do you highlight Toledo as a favoured possibility for a CS? It is fairly prominent on Spain's city list, and despite its historical importance, including spells as capital of Castile and, even earlier, Visigothic Spain, that importance hardly rests on its very brief independence of both Cordoba and Castile in the mid-eleventh century. Seems an open and shut case to me. It belongs on Spain's list, and lo and behold is to be found there.

Actually I was suggesting it because I didn't notice it on any existing city list - it's not one I'd recommend removing if it's already on Spain's.

True! :D
Also, in another screenshot:

1. We can see who is the ally of each City-State right on the Diplomacy drop-down menu (I think this is new)
  2. There appears to be one new City-State misson - reminds me of the Great Merchant's icon, so it's likely they want you to take a Great Merchant and perform a Trade Mission with them.

Not sure where else I would place this info, sorry if off-topic...

OR, it is the icon for "Spawn a Great Merchant".

In G&K they added a bunch of icons for various things (Era changes, city attack icons etc.) and it's possible they did the same for the quests.

OR, it is the icon for "Spawn a Great Merchant".

In G&K they added a bunch of icons for various things (Era changes, city attack icons etc.) and it's possible they did the same for the quests.

But we've seen the "Spawn Great Person" icon before - here, for example (the City-State below Panama-City).

Then again, that screen doesn't show the City-State's ally, so it's likely they have been making changes...

Well, I intiialyl woudl said Use a Trade Mission is a bad idea but in a way we already have it as bad by getting to spawn specific Great People... so who knows.

Well unless a different new icon has been seen before, i'm guessing that is a city state asking you for an international trade route with them

I'm preeetty sure that's the icon just besides the Great Merchant one... :p

We have seen the spawn great person icon but that could be a new 'have a golden age' quest. This would allow other great people to have the specific icons.

The new leaked screenshots reveal:

Mogadishu of unknown type. (looks like light purple color)
Mombasa confirmed.
Antananarivo confirmed.
Vancouver maritime/light purple.

The new leaked screenshots reveal:

Mogadishu of unknown type. (looks like light purple color)
Mombasa confirmed.
Antananarivo confirmed.
Vancouver maritime/light purple.

Vancouver is probably the Lisbon replacement.

Not sure what a purple Mogadishu would be at this time, maybe religious?

Any idea about Antananarivo's colour or type?

Vancouver is probably the Lisbon replacement.

Not sure what a purple Mogadishu would be at this time, maybe religious?

Any idea about Antananarivo's colour or type?

Mogadishu is only as an annexed city, so the type is unknown. It does look a sort of light purple.
Antananarivo is sort of light brown/cream and Mercantile.
Also Manila is also confirmed, still light green maritime.

Antananarivo is mercantile and the color looks like a lighter shade of Almaty to me, its hex code is around #f4cda4. Probably replacement for Marrakesh.

Mogadishu has been puppeted by Indonesia so can't tell type, but the color looks to be light blue. It's around #80b7f. From Mogadishu's history it sounds like it could be mercantile, but who knows, they have assigned city states randomly before.

I've seen the Venice and Shoshone pictures but I couldn't see any city-state info in them. What screens can you see these?

Maelstrom guy posted a rar file with screenshots in them, there's more than just the civilopedia shots.

Ah, it appears to be gone now. I just wasn't sure, with so much new info so quick I thought I missed something. I try to keep up with all the threads but it's not always possible.

Top Bottom