Always War Challenge #2- China Immortal

Domination Turn 335

Time to go skim through that LP that you worked so hard on LordBalkoth!!

Edit: One thing is for sure. If you do not ally up some CS's early you are never going to be allied up!
Also I remember on Deity being able to buy Nukes for 630 gold. Maybe I had some wonder that helped
or maybe Immortal is differnt or maybe I am just hallucinating lol! Anyway 930 gold for nukes isn't so bad.

Spoiler :
This finish was very late. I got kinda lost just blowing things up and enjoying myself. I am sure if stronger players play this game out you will see some really fast finish times. I wonder if a rule change is in order when you have complete Domination over a Civ and they offer you all but one city after you have taken their Capital that you should be allowed to accept to help accelerate the game, especially when the game is already won for sure. The only pain was the constant barrage of pleads from every Civ to make peace lol! It gets annoying having to tell them no I don't want your cities and all that gold! Perhaps you should be allowed to make peace once you have taken the Capital but that is just a thought and has no bearing on the rules set by the OP.

Fun, relaxing game though and it was nice to see how everything works on Immortal. I am sure that it is a different world on Deity but I suspect we will see some wins on that level very soon with the likes of Acken and others playing. Also... I didn't see much difference since this is usually how I play my Domination games. However, I do get more gold deals, RAs, Trade... etc. when playing normal.

Screenshots

Spoiler :

One thing is for sure. If you do not ally up some CS's early you are never going to be allied up!

Yeah, I made sure to grab the three closest CSes ASAP.

Also I remember on Deity being able to buy Nukes for 630 gold. Maybe I had some wonder that helped
or maybe Immortal is differnt or maybe I am just hallucinating lol! Anyway 930 gold for nukes isn't so bad.

You were probably Autocracy with Mobilization.

FYI I didn't use any nukes, even though pushing for them and using them would have sped things up.

Yeah, I made sure to grab the three closest CSes ASAP.

You were probably Autocracy with Mobilization.

FYI I didn't use any nukes, even though pushing for them and using them would have sped things up.

Oh ya that is exactly what it was lol! I forget about that because I usually do not get into Autocracy but recently I have been trying to use a different Ideology
each game now instead of just Order, Order, Order like I used to do :)! Nukes are unfair and messy to the AI but I just can't help myself using them almost every game!

Gave up on the Deity one, need a better map/civ/weakerAI. I'll try this one.

Edit: Bah, wiped people on my continent with ease. Now I'd have to just wait because the other guys are on another continent.

I suspect you will be able to wipe out many of the Deity Maps as well. I haven't tried it but I think the Ethiopia map is going to be most difficult because you are surrounded and you have strong Warmonger Civs next door. I was pretty sure you could beat this under 250... perhaps even 200. Anyways... it is interesting and the Host/OP is going to put 1 Immortal and 1 Deity map up every month now. I suspect if you replay/reload the Ethiopia map you will achieve Victory as well. Interestingly enough this series is a little different in that Replays are allowed to improve turn time if a player is defeated or resigns. Reloads are allowed for major mis-clicks and crashes, however we are not enforcing any "No Reload Rule" and as always these boards are more for fun compared to any serious competition. I have created them for a little friendly, good spirited, Honor Style of competition and hope that they create more player support/interest in these threads.

I don't know the dilemna with deity one is that in order to be able to kill someone you have to farmxp with your archers while at the same time managing the gold deficit.
Full honor helps a lot fr the gold but the start is slow. Also with no barbarians honor doesn't really shine.
Liberty gives a good economy but then you'll run bankrupt trying to upgrade your units.

Top Bottom