Quick Questions and Answers

I'm too lazy to look through 56 pages. But, -and this is mostly for ranged units- when you upgrade say shock or drill, (Bonus to rough terrain attack or open planes.) Does that mean that your unit has to be in the terrain? Or the enemy unit?

Ranged units don't have shock or drill promotions. Instead they have accuracy and barrage. Accuracy increases attack against units standing on open terrain and barrage - against units standing on rough terrain.

Hey i'm looking for two mods:

THe one mod should make that there is no unhappines because of population.

the other mod is that i can play with more human players on on computer. I can choose how many Bots there are, when i start a game. And i want to choose either how many human people play.

when the one human player press "end of the turn" then have the next human player his turn and so on, this is how i want to play on one computer.

can you tell me where i can find that mods, when their already exist, and if they dont how to make that mods. If somebody is so helpful and create them for me i would be very thankfull^^

I'm too lazy to look through 56 pages. But, -and this is mostly for ranged units- when you upgrade say shock or drill, (Bonus to rough terrain attack or open planes.) Does that mean that your unit has to be in the terrain? Or the enemy unit?

Promotions are relevant where the combat is occurring. If you have a bonus in rough terrain, you will gain the benefit when attacking into, or defending from, rough terrain whether ranged or melee. Note the ranged versions of the promos do not give any benefit on defense, and last time I checked still do not transfer over to the melee versions when upgrading crossbowmen to riflemen, etc.

hi every body can someone know how just to change some graphic units like bomber for german and other nation of industrial era ??

Without knowing the context in which it was used, I would guess "settle in place." i.e. don't move your settler when the game starts, but found the city right where it spawned.

Hey guys,

This may have been asked but being there are so many areas it could be found in and that, as we all know, vBulletin search function is rather basic and generally not helpful I thought I'd make a post anyway.

I have only had this issue twice but it is rather annoying; how can another civilization buyout a city-state from underneath you? By that I mean, I'm allied with a city state and then all of a sudden they are allied with another civilization.

At first I thought maybe you could buy them out if you got your "points" with them higher than their current ally but I tried that to no avail.

Any ideas?

I apologise again if this has been covered.

Thanks,
Chaz

At first I thought maybe you could buy them out if you got your "points" with them higher than their current ally but I tried that to no avail.

Any ideas?

I think that is how it does work. I've had CS swap allegiences every other turn with bidding wars. Note, you cannot do anything but fight with a CS you are at war with, so if the other civ outbids you then declares war, you can't outbid them because you are now at war with your former ally (which also wipes out the positive points you gained pretty quickly :lol: ). You can use this game mechanic to your advantage, too, obviously. Note, some civs (Alex & Siam, particularly) are very hard to outbid.

I think that is how it does work. I've had CS swap allegiences every other turn with bidding wars. Note, you cannot do anything but fight with a CS you are at war with, so if the other civ outbids you then declares war, you can't outbid them because you are now at war with your former ally (which also wipes out the positive points you gained pretty quickly :lol: ). You can use this game mechanic to your advantage, too, obviously. Note, some civs (Alex & Siam, particularly) are very hard to outbid.

Interesting, Bismarck must've spent a heap then, two grand wasn't enough when I tried to see if outbidding was the key.

Thanks.

Interesting, Bismarck must've spent a heap then, two grand wasn't enough when I tried to see if outbidding was the key.

Thanks.

He maybe got an awful lot of points for building the right wonder, or acquiring the right resource, or killing the right enemy CS. I think one of those is like 150 points, and with the social policy that improves influence by 25%, its more than 2000 gold will get you, I think. You can check how much gold he has to spend, too, on one of the diplo screens. Good luck!

Do you have to pay for roads far away from your culture? Let's say you're Rome and you start putting down a way to reach your enemies across the continent.

Do you have to pay for roads far away from your culture? Let's say you're Rome and you start putting down a way to reach your enemies across the continent.

You pay maintenance on any roads within your culture, and any roads in neutral territory that you built. If another civ (or CS) culture envelopes a road you built, they will pay maintenance on it. Similarly, any road in territory you conquer or acquire by other means, you will pay maintenance on.

I have some questions on promotions.

1- Ranged unit "SIEGE" promotion. As you will see from the attached pictures, the siege promotion shows like a melee promotion on tool tip whereas, the rough/open terrain bonus shows clearly its for ranged. Since these units can not melee attack, is this a tool tip error or "working as intended" (thanks Blizzard for this). Also the help file on promotions does not show any ranged siege promotion. And it does not show it as shared promotion. Is it worth promoting my ranged units for "siege" or not? Because the way I see, if this is not a tool tip error, and if it really gives a %25 melee bonus, its pointless.

2- Same question for morale bonus for ranged units from Heroic Epic. The tooltip shows it as a melee bonus.

3- The cover promotion? Is it worth? I had units with Cover2 and got blown to bits very easily by 1 or 2 cannon/artillery and city, even on a hill.

4- Some bonuses (i.e. foreign lands bonus) appear as Combat Bonus Outside Friendly territory(20) whereas other bonuses appear as percentage (i.e. Penalty attacking cities -%25). Does the 20 mean +20 to its strength or its to be considered also %20?

Sorry if these have been discussed before, but I could not find it in the forums. I just found list of promotions. Thanks for all replies.

I have some questions on promotions.

1- Ranged unit "SIEGE" promotion. As you will see from the attached pictures, the siege promotion shows like a melee promotion on tool tip whereas, the rough/open terrain bonus shows clearly its for ranged. Since these units can not melee attack, is this a tool tip error or "working as intended" (thanks Blizzard for this). Also the help file on promotions does not show any ranged siege promotion. And it does not show it as shared promotion. Is it worth promoting my ranged units for "siege" or not? Because the way I see, if this is not a tool tip error, and if it really gives a %25 melee bonus, its pointless.

2- Same question for morale bonus for ranged units from Heroic Epic. The tooltip shows it as a melee bonus.

3- The cover promotion? Is it worth? I had units with Cover2 and got blown to bits very easily by 1 or 2 cannon/artillery and city, even on a hill.

4- Some bonuses (i.e. foreign lands bonus) appear as Combat Bonus Outside Friendly territory(20) whereas other bonuses appear as percentage (i.e. Penalty attacking cities -%25). Does the 20 mean +20 to its strength or its to be considered also %20?

Sorry if these have been discussed before, but I could not find it in the forums. I just found list of promotions. Thanks for all replies.

1&2 - I haven't done a controlled comparison using the siege promotion, but my impression from many games is that artillery does more damage to cities with it than without it, as appropriate. In general, when a tool tip says "combat strength" it refers to whatever type of combat is being used, where "ranged combat strength" refers only to ranged combat. It is not a tool tip error so much as an understanding and lack of clarity error. There are many under documented features in this game, this is one of them.

3- I personally don't find cover to be particularly useful compared to other promotions, so don't take it until I literally run out of other options. Even with cover, 2 artillery hits and 1 city hit are a lot for one unit to take, especially as the artillery is likely to have promos that negate or overwhelm the rough terrain bonus. If you're fighting an AI with an intact army in their lands with tech parity, expect to lose a few units.

4- AFAIK all combat bonuses in the game are % bonuses. Any tool tips that say otherwise are typos. Foreign legion certainly works as a % bonus.

How to raze a city after making it your puppet or annexing it ? I have looked up everywhere and can't believe it is so difficult to find. I was offered peace with one of the AIs and he gave away almost all his cities and boom went my happiness to -69 :((..
Please help me get rid of useless cities.

THanks

Top Bottom