• The Iroquois - Hiawatha

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Korea - Sejong

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livsbrand

Warlord
Well hello there, fine folks! It has come to my attention that we have had the chance to enter a Brave New World for a while now, and I thought this would be a perfect time to determine which one of the current forty-three playable civilizations (mods excluded) gets the most love from the civfanatics crowd!

Rules:
*In the coming five days I will post one heat per day. The winner of each heat qualifies for the Grand Finale of the Battle of the Civs, along with the three best runner-ups.
*Each heat will be active for one day.
*I will not try to balance the heats. The civilizations for each heat will be picked randomly by me (until the last heat, which will come down to a process of elimination).
*You will vote for any reason you like. Do you live in the area this civ represent? Are you in love with looking like a fried egg when playing as Assyria? Is island hopping as Carthage the only type of game that interests you? Do you only enjoy blasting through the tech tree as Korea or Babylon? Do you think Gandhi is so damn cute you just wanna pinch his little nose? Anything goes!

OH! And feel free to discuss anything regarding the civs in the current heat!

Almost went Maria Theresa and Austria for having a decent UA as well as a respectable monarch.

But screw Habsburgs, ugh. I took their enemy Elizabeth instead.

I voted for Egypt because I already won as Egypt in the game, I like their UA, their history and their mythology.

If I were choosing whose history I prefer to read, I'd choose Byzantium or Egypt. But I went with gameplay, so I guess Korea. They and Austria are the only ones of this heat that give me fits in the game as opponents. So hat's off to 'em. But I can't bear to hear Maria Theresa speak, so Sejong for the win. :p

I just like Greece. Even though their UA and UUs are just decent, in real life I admire their architecture and the jagged Mediterranean coast.

England is great fun, especially with improved AI naval combat in BNW. By far my favorite Civ in this group.

I voted for Lizzy, as she's one of my favorite "villains" in the game. When I play a WorldBuilder-made map, I'll sometimes make her my next-door neighbor, just so that she can be my rival for the game, lol..

That was tough, two of my favorites are in today's poll. I like Austria end England equally, for different reasons, but I voted for Austria to see if it goes to the next round (England will surely go).

I'll take England here. Two great UUs and a decent UA (made better with the Great Lighthouse, of course...)

Two awesome UUs, an excellent UA, and a lot of fun for wonder wh0res! :goodjob:

By now I'm sure that my love for Sejong is well documented across these forums.

Also I enjoy the rare chance to get to hear Civ V's asian soundtrack.

While I've never had the MOST fun playing the greeks, I can always say I HAD fun when playing the greeks, which is something I cannot say for the other sides listed. Plus, by being greece I don't have to deal with alexander!

Feels like I wasted my vote. Went Byz because I love the idea of founding the ultimate religion, but I still feel they kinda fail for gameplay purposes. Colors are pretty nice I guess.

I like the Byzantines! Not a wasted vote at all. But then, I also enjoy religion in this game, so there ya go. (Still went with Korea.)

I like the Byzantines! Not a wasted vote at all. But then, I also enjoy religion in this game, so there ya go. (Still went with Korea.)
With such backstabbing potential, you should have gone with England instead! :splat:

I voted for Byzantines. I enjoy religion in this game, so there ya go.

Doesn't feel wasted anymore now that they've picked up some speed. I would just be really surprised to see them beat England or Korea.

That concludes heat #1. Korea go through and 10 is the number of votes for runners-up to beat! Thanks to all who voted!

Top Bottom