Caveman 2 Cosmos

Seems to work in multiplayer just fine. No dark terrain problem. I think it might be something to do with various video cards with esp the newer models of some types having issues. Waiting on next release because of tech anomalies. Would like to see less religions and buildings to be back to civ specific reducing clutter and memory. Would like to see the spawn ratios reduced on barbarians. The occupy 90 percent of shadowed land and tax on the memory and processing. Also too many Neanderthals make it almost impossible on raging.

Nice mod but ill wait for next version to start another game.

I also hesitated a while to use SVN but in the end it was simpler than I thought. But even if I don´t use the newest files (I always keep a copy of the last version that did work) then it´s interesting to see in the logs what has changed recently - usually there are multiple changes every day.

You can just revert your working copy to any working revision by two clicks.

Seems to work in multiplayer just fine. No dark terrain problem. I think it might be something to do with various video cards with esp the newer models of some types having issues. Waiting on next release because of tech anomalies. Would like to see less religions and buildings to be back to civ specific reducing clutter and memory. Would like to see the spawn ratios reduced on barbarians. The occupy 90 percent of shadowed land and tax on the memory and processing. Also too many Neanderthals make it almost impossible on raging.

Nice mod but ill wait for next version to start another game.

Multiplayer gives me a CTD (AppCrash in main core DLL file). I agree with you 100% on the rest. There is a Neanderthal spawn ini to adjust spawn rate, but I'm not sure if the numbers should be tweaked up or down, and did not get an answer on my post asking. I was going to just test it myself, but with the black terrain, that isn't feasible :(

I love this mod though and look forward to the next build! :goodjob:

Hi,
first of all, thanks to the developers of this mod. For sure the best. Unfortunately my game stops about to 1.600 to 1.800 KB for memory problems.
Sistem: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 2.67 GHz, 32 bit, 8 GB RAM.
I'm desperate! I tried everything, but without result.
Any help It would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
good work and play.

Multiplayer gives me a CTD (AppCrash in main core DLL file). I agree with you 100% on the rest. There is a Neanderthal spawn ini to adjust spawn rate, but I'm not sure if the numbers should be tweaked up or down, and did not get an answer on my post asking. I was going to just test it myself, but with the black terrain, that isn't feasible :(

I love this mod though and look forward to the next build! :goodjob:

I had to make sure my C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets folder had 0kb or it would not even load multiplayer.

Multiplayer game with 3 players, when someone upgrades War Dogs to Guard Dogs the game crashes every time when ending turn. In the attached save (Max Comp save) the Byzantine have just upgraded their War Dogs.

Cheers.

I just realised that in my current game I am still playing with the # of cities limit on Democracy civic rather than Republic - if I can set this right by way of a simple XML edit, then I can do it myself if someone tells me which file I need to look at? Ta!

I just build a capital administration and was pretty surprised to see the working radius of the city dropping from 3 back to 2. Needless to say that my capital is in serious problems regarding food.
I had a look at the xml, but both entries in the buildings list and the tweak list show a workable radius of three.

Hi,

I was just wondering how I could remove some of the excess religions from the mod. How hard would it be to do that?

Thank You! :)

It's pretty hard. I've attempted to do it and lots of other files need to be edited to remove dependencies on said religions. It's possible but can take a while to be done properly.

Edit: And even then there's bugs.

Hi,

I was just wondering how I could remove some of the excess religions from the mod. How hard would it be to do that?

Thank You! :)

Why would you want to do that? If your looking for a less space one, wait till the next version, its almost half the size.

Actually my reasons are to "enable" having religions as a diplomatic issue rather than all possible civs having their own religions, thus always disliking everyone else.

Why would you want to do that? If your looking for a less space one, wait till the next version, its almost half the size.

Well its not only me, but I just feel that having Voodoo religion or Scientology, its a bit silly and detracts from the game significantly, so if its possible to have them as options or removed altogether, I would prefer that.

Well its not only me, but I just feel that having Voodoo religion or Scientology, its a bit silly and detracts from the game significantly, so if its possible to have them as options or removed altogether, I would prefer that.

Heck i was even thinking of adding Transcendentalism.

Hi,

I like the number of religions and don't see any need to reduce them, Voodoo in particular has a large world following.

I made a request 2 years ago for sea conlony/sea formers and I wondered if you'd been able to look into this at all? I believe they had been included in the Planetfall mod previously. (I think that's what is was called.)

I've got a few comments and a couple of other suggestions if you don't mind.

I don't think Ballroom should become obsolete with Mass Media, but should benefit from it. love or hate it, a ballroom dance show is one of the UK's most popular Tv shows!

I'd like to see Toy Maker - Toy Store - Toy plant providing happiness/culture

I was also wondering about the idea of the appearence of super heroes/super villains in the late end game, appearing like great generals for heroes, but as barbarian units for the villians, most likely with a toggle option as I doubt it would be to everyone's taste.

I'd also like to see a teleporter for the late game, which would work like para drops but for any unit. I'm not sure how easy this would be.

Anyway, thanks again for reading. I pretty much only use this mod for my games of Civ 4 now and really apprecate the huge amount of work you have done on it. Looking forward the next update very much. :)

Hi,

I like the number of religions and don't see any need to reduce them, Voodoo in particular has a large world following.

I agree.

I made a request 2 years ago for sea colony/sea formers and I wondered if you'd been able to look into this at all? I believe they had been included in the Planetfall mod previously. (I think that's what is was called.)

Sorry dont remember, details pls

I've got a few comments and a couple of other suggestions if you don't mind.

I don't think Ballroom should become obsolete with Mass Media, but should benefit from it. love or hate it, a ballroom dance show is one of the UK's most popular Tv shows!

I'd like to see Toy Maker - Toy Store - Toy plant providing happiness/culture

This is Hydro's area.

I was also wondering about the idea of the appearance of super heroes/super villains in the late end game, appearing like great generals for heroes, but as barbarian units for the villains, most likely with a toggle option as I doubt it would be to everyone's taste.

I have been thinking of doing this for over two years already, but still haven't really figured out how i want to implement it,

I'd also like to see a teleporter for the late game, which would work like para drops but for any unit. I'm not sure how easy this would be.

More specific comments needed here, dont quite understand?

Anyway, thanks again for reading. I pretty much only use this mod for my games of Civ 4 now and really appreciate the huge amount of work you have done on it. Looking forward the next update very much. :)

Thx for these nice comments, the "Team" really appreciates them, and thx for playing this great mod.;)

btw Welcome to CFC.

"Sorry dont remember, details pls."

No problem, It was a very long time ago. ;) My original request was to allow cities to be built on water tiles, which I think appeared in Civ Call to Arms, and the sea formers would be water only workers (or work boats) which would build such things as aqua farms, water turbines, etc.

"I have been thinking of doing this for over two years already, but still haven't really figured out how i want to implement it"

My thinking is that the 'Great Person/Super Hero" would be born in a city but would act as a military unit. The same would be true for the villain, but would act as a barbarian. I'd guess to keep in with the idea, a new tech, Homo Superior, activating their creation would work pretty well. Maybe cities would need a minimum size to produce heroes, or they could be produced via random events, (metoer strike, etcs). Just my thoughts.

More specific comments needed here, dont quite understand?

Well, If my memory serves, some units can parachute from a city to distant tiles, but this is dependant on a unit having this ability. A city which contained a teleporter could 'parachute' any ground unit. I hope that's clearer.

Thanks you all once more for all of your work and very rapid response.

In reference to the teleporter, at least in vanilla BTS an airport does that to any unit, however it is only one unit per turn. Is that what you were thinking about CommanderD?

Top Bottom