First Gotm due to release?

Schalke 04

Knappe
Is there a chance to have a Gotm close to release date?

It would be awesome if I could make my first CIV V game as a Gotm. It's very interesting as we could compare our strategies. Moreover, a lot of people don't know yet with which civ they want to start first. With a Gotm they had a good reason :D

I'm sure the GOTM guys will respond and I don't mean to step on toes. Just wanted to let you there was quite a bit of discussion in the CIV4 GOTM forum as the staff posted an "ideas for CIV5" thread - you can check it out over there. Anyway, I think what they plan to do is release a "trial" GOTM game shortly after release - maybe 2 weeks...not sure. That is, the GOTMs won't be official in terms of rankings and stuff but will be used to acclimate the players and more importantly the staff with setting these up prior to getting the CIV5 HOF mod running, which will take some time.

Yeah, lymond has summarized it pretty well. It's hard for us to make definite plans because we don't know any more about Civ5 than what's publically available.

It's unlikely there'll be any formal Civ5 competitions until we have software in place to prevent/detect reloading - since if we can't detect reloading it'll be impossible to keep any competitions fair - and we don't yet know what work will be required to achieve that. But we are discussing doing something more informal in the meantime, as per the thread in the Civ4 forums.

Top Bottom