TSG3 Game in Progress

This game is crashing on me, and everytime I load up the autosave it happens again. I think its because Copenhagen just declared civil war....
I have no seen this before now, a CS declaring on itself? :hmm:

Have you tried going back several turns?

:cry: I played my other game in between and lost the auto-saves, and my previous save was way back. I'm pretty sure what happened is Copenhagen changed allegiance between two AI civs that were at war with each other.

Argh, my game just got ruined by a bug.

I decided to go warmongering early in the game and had an archer and 2 warriors ready to take Egypts capitol, when Egypt sends out a ghost warrior!

I cannot attack it with my warriors (they just walk right over it, same tile) and my archer can't fire at it. So I'm guessing their warrior can't attack me either, and attack the city. But before I succeed, the ghost warrior takes out my entire army with help from the city ranged attacks :confused:

Hmmm, with no units it seems difficult now.

Don't know if I'll try to finish anyway or just start over for fun (and of course not post my result officially).

Damn Pharao cursing ghost warriors :mad:

I had the same thing happen to me in the previous test game, except that it was a ghost archer and we had already conquered the city.

The ghost unit disappeared upon reloading.

Despite various patches, the game stays full of bugs.

This time, I got control of a unit back many centuries after I sent it on a 2-turn trip and the route got blocked. It had moved to the other continent...

SP-wise I went for Aristocracy and 4 Patronage SPs (everything except the additional gifts), currently I am trying to make up my mind if I should go for Freedom or maybe even Piety now or save the culture till I get access to the Order tree. I think I will rather take the 2 free policies instead of going for Rationalism.
CharonJr
I could find no 2 free SP's. Just one in Piety.

Please remember that this game has been through two expansions and numerous patches and updates. This game was the third game in the series and created in the original version of Civ5 vanilla. No telling how many changes occurred.

Thank you for sharing the progress of the game. Very useful, TSG3 is a good game and is loved by many people. Not inferior to the hot level of Brawl Stars APK Mod on CoiMobile.com

Last edited:
Since this thread popped up unexpectedly, I thought I would give this old game a try. I hate the 10 point unit health; 100 points of granularity is *so* much better. I haven't tried for many wonders yet, but Egypt keeps beating me to the ones I want (Stonehenge, Oracle, and one other that I can't remember) by a just couple of turns even tho' I have marble and that wonder-building Tradition policy; I'm definately going to have to kill him soon. I also don't like all the stupid popups from city states that I can't just dismiss. And for some reason I can't buy any tiles with gold; that might be an Enhanced User Interface bug, I should disable it and see if that helps. And my friends hate me because they asked me for all my gold and I refused to help them!

But in spite of my complaining overall it's still a good game. It will be a lot better when I get used to how combat works differently with only 10 points. (never attack with an even slightly damaged melee unit because you will get killed on the counterattack) I think I need more knights so they can hit-and-run and then heal before attacking again.

Top Bottom