TSG8 - Game in Progress

Played up to turn 200 so far, here's what happened so far:

Spoiler :
  • Once I figured out we were on an island with 2 other civs, I knew that in the end would have to kill them both and take over the whole continent
  • Let the Civs expand, to create my future puppet cities
  • Went for an NC start: built scout, worker, library, NC, x4 warriors (once I saw iron in capital)
  • Purchased a settler and sent it south of the capital to the other river where the Gems were
  • Rome declared war on me
  • Upgraded warriors to swordsmen and began the "Great Roman Campaign"
  • Reduced Rome to 1 city in the south Tundra, accepted Peace
  • Began the "Great Persian Campaign" right afterwards to take advantage of the swordsmen....Persia still had not produced any swordsmen
  • Wiped out Persia
  • During the military campaigns, sailed the world and met all the other civs
  • After wiping out Persia, turned back and wiped out Rome (who had started building cities around my puppets)
  • After wiping out Rome, suddenly all the other Civs have denounced me !! I am teching towards the spaceship parts, hopefully I can get it all done before the other Civs attack me
  • Really struggling to keep my cities happy :mad:

Not sure if this should be considered an exploit??
It's just happened that in my capital I am producing ~20 gpp/turn for both Science and Engineer. If I tweak the gpp production when approaching the threshold for generating a great person, I can generate a Great Scientist and Great Engineer each time I hit the pop threshold.

Haha that seems like a bug.

Regarding the denunciations, maybe you have to destroy the civs on your continent before they meet the other civs? I don't think I was penalized diplomatically for destroying the Romans and Persians, but I hadn't met the others yet at the time.

I went NC first and built west and south 3 cities.
Dow rome and puppetted 2/3 city.
Persia take other roman city and take 1 of my city and all the roman city.
I build back up and takeout persia with longswords and trebs.
Now I build for science victory.
Ottoman have taken russia and are a monster almost an era ahead in tech and points lead.
I RA and trade with all.
Ottoman runaway lead on all demographics. Im in 2nd and war ottoman allied with eygpt, he commits no units, i launch with infantry and arty and the odd tank through arabia and songhai. Ottoman has gunships and bombers and i ragequit.

Haha that seems like a bug.

Regarding the denunciations, maybe you have to destroy the civs on your continent before they meet the other civs? I don't think I was penalized diplomatically for destroying the Romans and Persians, but I hadn't met the others yet at the time.

Maybe that is what happended. I had met the other Civs before finishing off Rome/Persia.

I also did not Denounce them before declaring war. I've seen in the MadDjinn and Bibor videos that they Denounce a civ before attacking. I wonder if this is to lessen the effects of declaring war on a Civ?

The other Civ's saw me as a "warmonger"

The game is kind of irrational on some diplomatic options, they tell you to stop settling when actually they themselves have settled near, and they call you a warmonger if for no reason whatsoever 3 civs declared war on you.

The game is kind of irrational on some diplomatic options, they tell you to stop settling when actually they themselves have settled near, and they call you a warmonger if for no reason whatsoever 3 civs declared war on you.

I think there are a few bugs in there when it comes to these items. This very game I had that happen, Rome planted a city near me and then told me to stop settling near them... At the time I had 1 city, my capital.

Maybe that is what happended. I had met the other Civs before finishing off Rome/Persia.

I also did not Denounce them before declaring war. I've seen in the MadDjinn and Bibor videos that they Denounce a civ before attacking. I wonder if this is to lessen the effects of declaring war on a Civ?

The other Civ's saw me as a "warmonger"

I have come to find out that you should always denounce at least the turn before you declare war. If you don't you get problems with everyone else. And if you do then nobody cares except if he is in defensive coalition or something like that.

I have also been in situations where everyone was guarded to me and chain denouncing me. I had some early wars of conquest but nothing more really and it annoyed me I couln't trade my luxury ressources for the rest of the game because of wars that were long gone.

I then tried and denounce Alexander, the biggest and most aggresive on the continent, not to war just to call him an idiot... and then things suddenly changed. Other civs popped out and agreed with my denouncenent and things started to work towards having friendly status and trade again.

So doing nothing is probably what people do and then go and complain that Diplo is broken. You need to instead; play the Diplo game too.

one added at the end of other, so if there length is = then it will be double length.

Top Bottom