Can't Put Together the Spaceship. No One Has Won Yet

zVitiate

Chieftain
So, I just finished building all the spaceship parts, but there is no option to put them together. There is literally no one inside my capital, or the tiles that it occupies, except for the spaceship parts. When I put one of the parts in the capital center, there is no option to put the parts together.

I will attach screenshots down below. Hopefully one of you could help me. I am about to finish a marathon match, and it would suck if I couldn't win via the Space Program. I could probably turn around and go the militaristic route and finish everyone off, but I would prefer to win this way being that most of the turns are up and I already have all the parts.

Thanks

-zVitiate

Attachments

• Bug1.jpg
    Bug1.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 2,973
  • 2344.jpg
    2344.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 3,758
Put your parts one at a time inside the capital.

It won't let me. It won't let me put the parts together, showed in the screenshots I posted before. This is what happens when I try to move another part onto the capital.

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 00-33-10-29.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 00-33-10-29.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 3,683
You need to launch each individual SS part from inside your capital. You're currently clicked on the wrong SS part.

You need to launch each individual SS part from inside your capital. You're currently clicked on the wrong SS part.

I have literally tried putting every part in the capital first: SS Booster #1, #2, #3, SS Engine, SS Stasis Chamber, and SS Cockpit.

My guess: You somehow unchecked Science Victory in the Advanced Game Option before the game start rather than Time Victory.

(or would that disable building Apollo/Parts in the first place?)

My guess: You somehow unchecked Science Victory in the Advanced Game Option before the game start rather than Time Victory.

(or would that disable building Apollo/Parts in the first place?)

When I go to victory page, science shows up. I didn't change anything in advance settings either. Should I upload the file?

Yes it does. You can't win space victory without Apollo. Although that should disable the construction of the parts, not just adding them.

It matters, you have to assemble the spaceship in the city where you built the apollo program. And about what VainoValkea said, you wouldn't be able to build the parts if you didn't get it. My suggestion, try to find out where you built the program and bring the parts to that city to see if they can be assembled there (shouldn't be hard in BNW with the airlifts, but I guess you are playing G&K). Anyway, what I mean is, once you get the AP you can build spaceship parts in every city, but they have to be assembled in the right place.

It matters, you have to assemble the spaceship in the city where you built the apollo program. And about what VainoValkea said, you wouldn't be able to build the parts if you didn't get it. My suggestion, try to find out where you built the program and bring the parts to that city to see if they can be assembled there (shouldn't be hard in BNW with the airlifts, but I guess you are playing G&K)

I thought I read you had to assemble it in the capital, but I'll try and do it in the city where I did the apollo project. Anyway for me to figure out which city I learned the apollo project?

You do not have to assemble parts in the city where you built Apollo. The screenshots aren't revealing any answers, so you should upload a save file and we can take a look.

I guess there is. Go to the "notification log" and find out the "____ has completed the Apollo Program" then see what was the first city that got ready for a new project that turn (should be right above). That is the city where you should assemble the parts.

You do not have to assemble parts in the city where you built Apollo. The screenshots aren't revealing any answers, so you should upload a save file and we can take a look.

Here you go.

Attachments

• Alexander_1202 AD-2001-July.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 629
Ah, haven't seen vanilla in a while. Permanent war with CSs - nice!

Nothing is leaping out at me. The save confirms what you report -- science VC is enabled, no other VC has been satisfied, you got Apollo, built the parts, they are parked outside your capital and moving them into your capital doesn't provide an attach option.

Browd, I know you disagree with what I posted, but since you already checked the savegame, could you please take a look at the log and see if the AP was built in the capital?

Unless I'm mis-recollecting vanilla, he couldn't have built SS parts unless he had built Apollo. Again, unless my recollection of vanilla is mistaken, there's never been a requirement that you build Apollo in your capital, only that it be built and that you send your SS parts to your current capital for attachment to the SS. If you lose your original capital, parts go to your new capital. But I haven't played vanilla in forever, so maybe I'm way off base. (Where's Tractorboy when we need him?)

I do agree that he wouldn't have built parts without the AP, what I meant is, MAYBE the parts need to be assembled in the city that completed the program, or worse, the program has to be built in the capital and the parts assembled there. I never played vanilla, so this is just a wild guess. I do actually have a game saved in which I built the AP in my second city, but since I already won through another condition, I can't go on playing to see where the parts need to be assembled (it won't assemble anyway once the game is won).

Top Bottom