AI building next to nothing in their cities!!

SgtCiv

Warlord
I know I saw a post similar to this topic, but couldn't find it anywhere. I played a game this past weekend making it into the medieval time frame and got my first spy. After checking out some of the other Capitals it was apparent that they had built very little in the way of buildings in their cities. I play on EPIC speed so this was around turn 250 or maybe a little higher, at least it goes without saying they should have built more than three or four buildings in this amount of time. They did beat me to several wonders so that doesn't seem broken.

I really enjoy playing with this MOD (have played with it almost since CivV first came out), but it has never been this long without updates of some kind. Can anyone give any solutions to this problem, because I fell it is like cheating for the AI to not be similarly matched to me or at least have the chance to do the same.

I already started another game so I don't have a log to post.

Any help with this would be wonderful. THANKS!!!

The question here is: Are the AI civs hindered in any way by not building certain buildings.

You did mention they beat you to the punch on some wonders, so they are obviously pursuing a course that works in that aspect.

Did they have huge armies/navies? Were they constantly at war with each other, city-states or barbarians?
How are they going with the research side of the game? What is the level compared to you?

It appears to be a problem, but is it? Without some data to back up the assertion it is going to be very difficult to definitively say either way.
I posted some data the other day to do with a game using the Celts, as they were claimed to be over-powered. During the actual gameplay I was thinking the same thing, as I was pushing out wonders and buildings and fighting off other civs.
However when I actually looked at the logs, the result was that I wasn't that far in front at all, in fact Assyria looked like they will run away with a win.

Your observations are very much appreciated, if you could provide some logs or other data with your next posts on this topic it will be very helpful.
All of us that play this mod have an input into how it evolves.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have gave more info in the first post.
1. Most seemed like they are evenly matched tech wise to me, of course some seemed behind.
2. Most had quite a few troops, but nothing that was to far out there. I would say it was about the same as any Civ game I have played.
3. They declared war between themselves, wanting me to join in at times.
4. They do seem to at least handle Barbarians a lot better. I have even changed some settings in the barbarian folder to make barbarians even more severe and they still seem to do a good job.
7. With all this being said, I would have said that the game was going pretty much as a normal game, until I was able to look at their Capitals and seen very few buildings in them.
6. I will start a new game so that I can get an accurate log to post.

On a side note can anyone post any updated versions of the MOD that might be out there until Thal can get back to update it properly?? Thank again.

Instructions on installing an alpha from the github repos can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507997

EDIT:
Any detailed feedback you could provide would be appreciated. If you are noticing that the AI is having problems with their build order (and are willing to write down some observations) then try starting a new game with a couple civs from each AI category. You can use the the tuner to autoplay every 25/50 turns and use the tuner's functions to take control of an AI to a look at their cities and write down how many buildings/wonders/units they have built. And let us know the results of your testing. I did this in a much earlier build when I noticed the problem but haven't had the time to check recently.

It would also be good to get some sample data from vanilla games too.

Top Bottom