TSG89 Opening Actions

GL was to fast for me, no motivation to continue that. Had more production than in my test games when it worked.

@glory7, you are a top player :worship:

I didn't believe that your starting string was doable, but I took my risks and I've got it (although playing slightly different). I've recorded my moves and I'll report it when finished.

I'm really learning a lot from you and others skilled players. Thanks very much, and thanks to who prepares these wonderful challenges. I'm very interested in playing ciV now. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Korea_39.jpg
    Korea_39.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 133
It should be obvious that such a start with many 2F 1H tiles can give you GL slightly before T40.

After that its only about taking the risk that the AI build it in the 31-35 range.
Which is why I usually prefer to aim for ToA which on average is less prioritized (can still go early at like T25 in some games). Anyway... at immortal and even more so at deity, ancient and classic wonders are always kind of risky.

By the way on usual pangea maps it is easier to meet every AI early and just exchange embassies to check when one has already started GL. That map for this gotm is a bit harder to meet some AI early.

@glory7, you are a top player :worship:

I didn't believe that your starting string was doable, but I took my risks and I've got it (although playing slightly different). I've recorded my moves and I'll report it when finished.

I'm really learning a lot from you and others skilled players. Thanks very much, and thanks to who prepares these wonderful challenges. I'm very interested in playing ciV now. :goodjob:

glad to hear that it was helpful. I learned techniques from other players when I started participating gotm too :)

it seems that we got GL at the same turn - I guess your pop is 5 (mine was 6, iirc), so you either didn't get 2 pop ruins or didn't finish granary.

btw, I think that Ribannah's liberty approach is really effective at this map. Would love to see how he plays this map out. I just cannot handle happiness and mid-late game growth with liberty, but it seems that he can do it.

I guess your pop is 5 (mine was 6, iirc), so you either didn't get 2 pop ruins or didn't finish granary.

Pop was 5 (6 next turn), got 2 pop ruins (T5 and T16) and built granary (I followed your path). Prioritized production over food and did cap micro-management each turn.

I started from tradition 3 cities NC + 2 cities more. I didn't bother with early wonders, only built T99 HG and T106 CHI, Oracle is still available but probably I even won't try.
Pantheon - earth mother, religion T77 (tithe, SiP). T73 NC, T90 finished tradition, T106 education.
My bpt are low, but soon it will change :)

Attachments

• T106 Education.jpg
    T106 Education.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 145
Settled on the coastal river/hill. BO was scout x2, shrine, worker, granary, settler, library, settler X2, NC. I didn't try GL, which was wise as it went on turn 30. After NC I planted two coastal cities to the south of Seoul.

I was pleased to see I was separated from the rest of the map by a solid line of mountains. Being a Pangaea Plus map, I knew the CS were going to be scattered off-shore, so I planned for as many coastal cities as possible.

Initial priorities were finding the closest AI. My first ruin promoted my warrior, so I knew a worker theft was a good possibility. Found India and snatched his worker, barely escaping as it had just finished a pasture, which I proceeded to pillage for added health. Next priority was blocking off India with a city, I went for the mountain river spot with access to sugar and wine.

Tech: Pottery, AH, (Archery from ruin), Mining, Writing, (Calender from ruin), Masonry, Sailing, Philosophy, -> CS, -> Education. With the lack of aggressive nearby AI, I didn't bother with getting anything better than archers.

Social policies were full Tradition, then Patronage/Philanthropy. Considering what I see now of the CS situation, Commerce or Exploration would have been better choices for my second policy tree.

I have four cities up and running, with enough cash on-hand and income and capitol hammers to have unis up in nine turns. Have met all but one AI. Had a pre-built Oracle that I was holding, but had to complete it when I noticed the Mayans were building it.

Top Bottom