Bizzare and game-breaking MP bug

Akaoz

Warlord
I was playing Civ3 Conquests v1.22 with a friend of mine and toward the endgame we ran into a really strange bug.

I was playing the Germans and my friend was the French when a war broke out between him and Cartage. He improved his defenses and set to meet the onslaught.

We where playing simultaneous moves, but I have tested the save in Turn Based with the same result.

As it became the Carthaginians turn to move, they assault two French cities; Grenoble (15) and Marseilles (26). Both where garrisoned with 3-4 Mech Inf, 1 Arty and 1-3 Mobile SAM sites. As the AI starts its Bombing runs (the AI had a TOTAL of 13 Bomber and 9 Cruise Missiles and no nukes because Manhattan wasn't built) both cities are bombed by a few bombers and then there is a loud boom and they are both reduced to a population of 1 with only a single arty left for garrison. Most of the improvements are also gone.

If I load the game in SP (host was Germany) this does not happen. If you load it in MP and a human as France you will see it.

What is causing this? And is there any chance of this being fixed, 'cause I'm assuming it's a bug.

Regards,

Alex

[edit] The French are known as "Haven" in this game [/edit]

Attachments

• Alexander of the Germans, 1856 ADb.zip
    388.4 KB · Views: 89
Moderator Action: You posted this in the PTW bug reports forum. Moved.

Seems realistic to me. The French cut and ran. Historic accuracy.

Heh, funneh. Seriously, this bug is really screwing up our MP game, and I think it happened earlier when I was at war with Cartage as well. Only the city in question was so small I didn't pay attention.

Could someone else DL the save and see if it happens on their machine as well? Remeber to set at least one human as the French to see it. It doesn't happen if the AI is palying the French. [edit] And the French are known as "Haven" in the game. [/edit]

Top Bottom