Crash while using quick start

eq1

Chieftain
Very occasionally, I get a crash after pressing quick start. Sometimes immediately after starting up C3C. It occurs during the game set up when configuring civilizations and assigning team colours. It starts reading "configuring barbarians" and then crashes to windows.

Need more information. ;)

Where you playing a scenario before using quick start? Some scenarios change settings in the game (like difficulty levels, which WILL cause the game to crash if you try to use a quick start game). What's the crash message? How do you reproduce this? Do we need a scenario to reproduce it? Do you have a screenshot?

I wasn't playing a scenario and there wasn't a crash message. It just closes the game. But when it happens, it is always saying "configuring barbarians" on the configuring civs/assigning team colours bar. I have a pretty slow computer, so maybe that has something to do with it. And it doesn't happen often so its not a big problem. I can't get a screen shot as it happens pretty quickly.

The only thing I can advise for reproducing it is by continously quitting the game and restarting using 'quick start' to see if it happens.

eq1 said:
Very occasionally, I get a crash after pressing quick start. Sometimes immediately after starting up C3C. It occurs during the game set up when configuring civilizations and assigning team colours. It starts reading "configuring barbarians" and then crashes to windows.

This is a well known bug among the HoF players or anyone who like to use the Quick Start feature a lot in trying to locate a better starting position. Here is step by step instruction on how to reproduce this bug:

1. Start up C3C as usual.
2. Start a New Game (using any method that you like)
3. Play a few turn then abandon the game which will take you back to the top menu of C3C.
4. Quick Start another game.
5. Loop back to step #3. Basically, you just generate a new random map, play a few turn, then abandoning it and starting another one over and over again until C3C crack and burn. That's all!

Note: After about 70 Quick Starts without rebooting your system or restarting C3C, C3C will crack and burn every single time. This bug happens only in all version/patches of C3C!!! This bug doesn't exist in any version of vanilla Civ3 and PTW.

Top Bottom