Askia earning 6000 gold/turn

I've gotten higher than that. He probably doesn't have many military units and uses trade routes wisely. Though it probably is a bug if it's in the modern era.

I've gotten higher than that. He probably doesn't have many military units and uses trade routes wisely. Though it probably is a bug if it's in the modern era.

Really? how big an empire? my gross income (before expenses) on very successful games doesn't go to 5-6k even on a large map with 12~20 cities.

Not having units won't save that much, maybe 30-50% of expenses, you still have building and road maintenance. and he's not venice so only 9 trade routes at most.

Something doesn't make sense. Maybe the AI's trade route income got duplicated ad infinitum due to a bug and the gpt just kept climbing.

people doubt my 30,000, let me give it context. I was on a huge (more like gigantic) play europe mod and it was the atomic era, I controlled all of mainland europe and nothern africa I was just moving into persia to finish them off. with probably 200+ cities, all being default gold focused puppets, yeah, that kind of gold comes easy.

mods are something else; you could make anything happen with mods.

The OP seems to suggest it's a bug or pointing out something interesting that looks broken.
The assumption is the game has no modifications applied.

I registered an account just for this....
I have the same bug...
sorry I cant give you the screenshot...

In my case,
Dutch got 0 gold and -2200 gpt
Sejong of Korea got about 5000 gold with 1000 gpt
Isabella of Spain got about 10000 gold 1200 gpt
its just approximation... it just happened few hours ago and I started to search the bug info in the internet... I rage quited btw... I had leading score, but it just pissed me offf... always looking for a perfect win...

so my conclusion is the dutch gave 1000 gpt and 1200 gpt to the korean and spain... such an annoying bug...
I played few games before and didnt get this bug...
things that come to my consideration are (because I never did any of this in my previous games)
-I switched (all sejong's cities and his capital city + all isabella's cities but not the capital city) into my religion, (but they had their own religion)
-I switched all dutch cities into my religion (including the capital city) and they graciously accepted it to be their major religion..

>> my save game << (I uploaded 4 saves, check the latest save for the bugs)

Defo. a bug,anyways highest I had was nearly +18k gold/turn after almost 70h in 1 game,thinking about that +30k/turn on these kinda huge map proly would take over 100h into it. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

I had a similar bug where Isabella was losing 500 gold per turn. It eventually went away in the middle ages. But until then I couldn't do much trading with her.

My first BNW game. Playing an Epic, 7 other civs, large terra map game as Portugal at prince level. About half of us are in the modern era. I decided to try to trade with Askia and I noticed he was getting about 6,000 gold PER TURN. He was allied with only a couple of CS. His policies were tradition:done, Piety:done, Aesthetics:done, Exploration: 5/4, Order:1. He had the Oracle Himeji, Louvre and Great Mosque. His religion was spread to about a third of the world but he did not have beliefs that gave him gold from religion. He could have been in a golden age but still How did he get that much gold per turn. Any Ideas?

Moderator Action: Merged the threads. If you start a thread on a topic, please do not start duplicates.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

This is the third thread I see about Askia earning a whopping 6000 a turn. It must be a bug; I have seen Washington earn 43000 a turn but I was not able to get more than 45 gpt from him. There is some bug that multiplies the numbers in the trading screen/diplo screen, but the actual gpt is different.

Top Bottom