Livestream #3: "Affinities: Which Direction?" - Aug 28th

Lev destroyer 70 strength and 112 bombardment. Lev tank 48 strength and 98 bombardment.

I was expecting the LEV destroyer to have higher melee strength since it is the final late game super unit for Purity. The Supremacy Angel has a melee of like 100. Granted the LEV destroyer has higher range attack than the Angel. Seems Purity units are very geared towards strong range attack.

Harmony bonuses:

Level 1 Alien aggression level returns to neutral twice as fast
Level 3 miasma no longer damages units
Level 6 Miasma heals units
Level 8 4 free xenomass
Level 11 thumper operation
level 13 endgame construction

I was expecting the LEV destroyer to have higher melee strength since it is the final late game super unit for Purity. The Supremacy Angel has a melee of like 100. Granted the LEV destroyer has higher range attack than the Angel. Seems Purity units are very geared towards strong range attack.

I think the developers said Purity specializes in ranged combat and heavy artillery when it comes to their military.

Harmony bonuses:

Level 1 Alien aggression level returns to normal twice as fast
Level 3 miasma no longer damages units
Level 6 Miasma heals units
Level 8 4 free xenomass
Level 11 thumper operation
level 13 endgame construction

Interesting... No Orbital bonus for Harmony
And no specific explorer bonus

(although Harmony is probably the best for the "proxy army" idea)

Interesting... No Orbital bonus for Harmony
And no specific explorer bonus

(although Harmony is probably the best for the "proxy army" idea)

Well, making the aliens return to neutral quicker after pissing them off and the miasama stuff is still pretty good bonuses.

And so, people curious about harmony get the short end again.

Here's late game Purity. See cool units!
Here's late game Supremacy. See cool units!
Harmony: let's start an early game and just talk.

Are they seriously not going to show us late game Harmony???

Man, it really sucks that we didn't get to see harmony. Who made that dumb decision?

So far Supremacy looks like the most appealing affinity. Mainly because the units look so amazing, and the Angel seems really strong and gives me a NGE vibe.

I am detecting marketing bias towards Purity and Supremacy here. :D

It's also possible they haven't developed Harmony stuff as thoroughly as they have Supremacy and Purity yet.

My guess is harmony stuff isn't as polished as the other two yet.

Edit: yeah what he^ said.

I don't think there is an uploaded brain in the angel. Isn't it obvious that it is an EVA unit synced with a pilot?

It's also possible they haven't developed Harmony stuff as thoroughly as they have Supremacy and Purity yet.

They did say that they will be showing new never before seen late game at PAX this weekend. Maybe they are saving Harmony to show off at PAX? Still odd.

They did say that they will be showing new never before seen late game at PAX this weekend. Maybe they are saving Harmony to show off at PAX? Still odd.

Now that is a very distinct possibility and it is not odd from a marketing perspective.

SUMMARY
1. Supremacy end game unit is a mech Angel, has a brain uploaded so it kicks ass more than other robotic units.
2. Supremacy new artillery.
3. No Supremacy flyers shown.
4. Supremacy/Purity hybrid city .
5. Warpgate shown.
6. Lev Tank.
7. Harmony Affinity levels.
8. Earthling settlements.
9. No Harmony units at all.
10. No affinity specific leaders shown. At all.

All in all very underwhelming... :(

Now that is a very distinct possibility and it is not odd from a marketing perspective.

It is not odd from a marketing perspective, just made this live stream not really flow, especially since they did not even say something like "we will be showing off some really cool late game harmony at PAX so make sure to check it out"

Man, it really sucks that we didn't get to see harmony. Who made that dumb decision?

I did.

I was hoping to show that Harmony doesn't equate to endless peace with the aliens. That's harder to illustrate with a late-game save, and much easier to show at the opening. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the absence of late-game Harmony.

I love that the Supremacy artillery is called Ambassadors.

"Your criticism of our empire fills me with concern, Ms. Fielding. Rest assured you will see our Ambassadors in Central very soon."

I did.

I was hoping to show that Harmony doesn't equate to endless peace with the aliens. That's harder to illustrate with a late-game save, and much easier to show at the opening. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the absence of late-game Harmony.
I really was. I was looking forward to see the Xenotitan :(
Oh well, you had your reasons, I can see what you mean.

Top Bottom