Members' Photos XXII - Full Beards Only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iteresting pictures all throughout, except for the super giant ones. I didn't look at those, sorry, my time is limited. :p I'm sure they're as interesting as the other ones though, we're a weird bunch of seemingly random individuals.

I'm going through my Bruce peninsula hiking/cottage trip pictures. Here's one of me a friend took:

It's interesting that they let you crawl all through them. Museums don't let you do that.

Unlike most museum pieces, these ones actually fly! And you can ride in them too if you have several thousand dollars laying around.

FYI imgur actually has a sort of "resize on the fly" thing. If you just change the url and add "s", "m", "l", "h" (small, medium, large and huge) before the ".jpg", it will resize it for you. E.g. change http://i.imgur.com/LuEIZtk.jpg to http://i.imgur.com/LuEIZtkl.jpg and it becomes:

It's so tiny though! :cringe: I wish it resized to a reasonable size.

EDIT: Actually, the huge size isn't too bad, I'm going to resize them to that now.

What company is it? The B-17 and P-51 looks really familiar, and I know they visit a local airport regularly. I have two pics from when I was really young standing by a tire and bottom turret of that exact B-17 if it's the same company, actually :p

@Joecoolyo: I have been on the Nine O Nine, at an airport my dad used to run. Can't find the pics, though!

Was this an airshow by the Collings Aging Warbird people?

The Nine O Nine is pretty awesome! And yeah, I don't remember the exact name SamSniped, but Collings sounds about right.

Iteresting pictures all throughout, except for the super giant ones. I didn't look at those, sorry, my time is limited. :p I'm sure they're as interesting as the other ones though, we're a weird bunch of seemingly random individuals.

Imma resize them so you better look!

Several months ago there was a company that flew a B-17 here and were selling rides in them. For several 100$ apiece. But they didn't have a B-24 or P-51 with them.

Joecoolyo said:
Imma resize them so you better look!

imgur.com is very good for that sort of stuff.. at least I find it very user friendly. Drag my photos in, click edit, enter new width, hit save, all done.

I'll try to check them out when I get home.

Need to get warpus' shoes.

They're really comfy Keen hiking shoes that have been with me to New Zealand, Peru, California, and a bunch of other places. Unfortunately one of them ripped and the soles are slowly starting to come apart. I used them as winter boots one year and I think the salt everywhere damaged them a bit.

Keen hiking shoes are great, but I think it's time for new ones. This might have been their last hiking trip..

The Nine O Nine is pretty awesome! And yeah, I don't remember the exact name SamSniped, but Collings sounds about right.

Must be the same company, then- I just found a couple pictures from the late 80's/early 90's of my great-grandpa standing outside of the Nine O Nine :p

Need to get warpus' shoes.
They're really comfy Keen hiking shoes that have been with me to New Zealand, Peru, California, and a bunch of other places. Unfortunately one of them ripped and the soles are slowly starting to come apart. I used them as winter boots one year and I think the salt everywhere damaged them a bit.

Keen hiking shoes are great, but I think it's time for new ones. This might have been their last hiking trip..
Was really drunk when i posted that - i think i meant your shoes specifically. :lol:

Unfortunately I am thinking of keeping them around as a hiking souvenir of sorts. When I'm an old fart, I imagine a shelf with all sorts of old hiking boots, behind a piece of glass. "That pair has been with me to the south pole!" I'll tell my descendants.

But if I end up throwing them out, you can have first dibs. :p

Yeah, Keen is great. These are my current hiking shoes.

I'm going through my Bruce peninsula hiking/cottage trip pictures. Here's one of me a friend took:

That is totally the pose you need to strike for the cover of your new rap album.

Hanging with my friend in Maryland (DC area).

not sure exactly what I was doing in this photo

This thread needs my narcissism.

The significant other took these, in the second one I'm pretty sure I was actually on CFC at the time.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I had to take this picture when she wasn't expecting it because she thinks she doesn't photograph well, which is delusional or whatever.
Spoiler :

Gorgeous couple.

Love the plaid Lord... and your girlfriend too. :mischief:

Smoking is bad for you, Narz!
I had one cigarette in my life, at 14 years old, yuck, never had one since. It's my little friend who smokes, I do nag her to quit & keep my distance when she lights up.

Love the plaid Lord... and your girlfriend too. :mischief:

I had one cigarette in my life, at 14 years old, yuck, never had one since. It's my little friend who smokes, I do nag her to quit & keep my distance when she lights up.

If you can't do anything else, at least get her to switch brands. Those are disgusting. One half-step up from Kools.

If you can't do anything else, at least get her to switch brands. Those are disgusting. One half-step up from Kools.
Agree 100%. Newports are awful! Maybe I should buy her some American Spirit (though I hate to give the tobacco companies anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom