Civ Rev on Mobile?

Masterkill

Chieftain
I'm going to buy an iPod 32GB touchscreen, and I just want to know how it's the performance on this kind of processors.

People who uses it on iPods, iPhones or any other similar device please post what you think about it (performance, fun, gameplay, any difference).

Thanks in Advance

PS: I never played Civ Rev, just regular Civs

Does anyone knows if there is pdf guide for ipjone version?

Thanks guys!

That's what I was looking for, but probably this has been discussed several times: Civilization Revolution is so bad compared to Civilization 4?

It gets a bad rep with Civ4 players because it isn't "Civ4 for consoles". ;)

CivRev is a streamlined version of Civ. It lacks the strategic depth of the PC versions, for instance. It was designed to be able to play a complete game in just a few hours. There are no Workers, no terrain improvements. Diplomacy is more limited. Etc. Yet, for what it is intended to be, it works very well.

I'm going to buy it so, at last it's just 10$.
Another thing that I may not use so often: How it's the multiplayer function, if it exists?

I'm going to buy it so, at last it's just 10$.
Another thing that I may not use so often: How it's the multiplayer function, if it exists?

Multiplayer for CivRev is great on the xbox360 and ps3 platforms. It doesn't exist for the istuff.

Not personal experience, but what I've heard of the iphone and ds versions is they aren't as good as the console ones.

Multiplayer for CivRev is great on the xbox360 and ps3 platforms. It doesn't exist for the istuff.

Not personal experience, but what I've heard of the iphone and ds versions is they aren't as good as the console ones.

In terms of the rules and gameplay, all versions of Civ Rev are identical, the only difference being 360 and PS3 have online multiplayer where DS and iStuff have no multiplayer.

I don't have it on mobile, but I have it on DS, which I hear is similar to the iPhone version. It's definately worth the 10 bucks to get it. It's not as strategically deep as the PC civ, but I doubt many would want that on a handheld platform. It's designed very well for what it does, being a light civ game.

Now that I've made my recomendation, MAKE THIS FOR ANDROID! :scan:

The DS/iPhone version has one very important quality going for it: it is CIV ANYWHERE!

Now you can play Civ anywhere you go, provided your device has power. You're not tied to a largish game box and TV, computer + monitor, or even a laptop PC. It fits neatly in a pocket, and anytime you find yourself standing/sitting around with nothing better to do, you can pull it out and play for a while.

The mobility is the point, I agree.

The battery supports how many hours of gameplay?

Thanks

I hate to say it, but for games don't expect much more than a couple hours.

Luckily, thats all you need for a game of CivRev.

For me, when I play the game, I usually don't play it in one sitting. That's kind of the beauty of the mobile platform, that you can save and play in short bursts. Play a couple turns while waiting to meet up with a friend or waiting in line. It would definately be easier to do that with a phone or iPod then carrying your DS with you all the time.

I have made another post on the subject, now MAKE THIS FOR ANDROID :scan:

Top Bottom