Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Yeah I know I can easily turn it on or off via Custom Scenario tweak.. but I think it'll be more fair if it's removed instead :)

Can you update the "Stability Guide for the new civics of Dawn of Civilization" for the new 6 option civic system?

I will, but only when this version is properly released, because creating documentation for work-in-progress versions is rather pointless.

Can you somehow nerf the Egyptian revival? It happens really early on (any game I've ever played as Italy on 600AD it's already happened by the time I spawned), and they revive with European level technology. Over time, they fall behind and no longer are as advanced as Europe, but it seems weird that Egypt is higher in score than france and spain.

They were that powerful and influential in real life too, IIRC.
War Chariots in 1500 AD are somewhat ridiculous though.

Hi Leoreth,
I've been testing the Italians out and not sure if it's already been raised as an issue elsewhere, but it looks like the counter for the universities is flawed; it doesn't register when one is built and therefore the historical goal is impossible.
Of less importance and you may already be aware, but the dawn of man text for them is "text_key......"
Otherwise I've enjoyed playing them.
Thanks for the work you put into making this mod better and better!

Italy will get a new UHV soon, replacing the university goal. I'm aware of the text key stuff, I'll write them (Germany's and Mughals' too) in one rush, probably shortly before release. It's essentially flavor, and the polish is best done at the end :)

That will also change. Be patient :)

Not sure if this is a bug, but Iran spawns with musket men and cannons. Shouldn't they have bombards? Because you replaced cannons with bombards, and yet they have this unit that requires rifling at spawn. In addition, in the game I played as Iran, whenever I tried to make a trade proposal with Italy, it wouldn't let me click on any of my resources to trade away. I had to pick something of their's and say "What will you give me for this."

my thanks good sir.

BTW if I were to make afew modifications myself that would indeed benefit the development of the mod would you consider adding them?
Of course. Many features of DoC were done by others, tons of things are by edead (corporations, game speeds), the previous Reformation mechanic was Panopticon's, and Linkman basically did all of the Seljuks and Iran for me.

Not sure if this is a bug, but Iran spawns with musket men and cannons. Shouldn't they have bombards? Because you replaced cannons with bombards, and yet they have this unit that requires rifling at spawn. In addition, in the game I played as Iran, whenever I tried to make a trade proposal with Italy, it wouldn't let me click on any of my resources to trade away. I had to pick something of their's and say "What will you give me for this."
Yes, should be Bombards, will be fixed.

That bug is an old problem with the civ switch mechanic, try if saving and loading your game gets rid of it.

This did not occur while playing the SVN, this occured while playing the most recent live version but I figured I'd report it nonetheless. Playing Phoenicia through into the middle ages, The one of the stacks of Seljuks in the second wave spawned directly on my capital Sur, forcing my stack to a neighboring tile. I can't imagine this is working as intended.

It's fixed. That's why you don't see it in the SVN version.

Hi Leoreth~~
I'm a new member of the forum. I'd like to give some advice about the DOC mods.
First,the UHV of some civilizations are so old that players can accord to a fixed routine to do.Such as the Romans , the MaLi, the Inca, the aztecs and the Maya.I hope that you can not only change the UHV of the European ,but also these civilization's.
Second ,the UHV2 of the CHina in 600AD is impossible ,because AI Research technology are so fast.
Third, I hope that in some situations,the Barbarian in the Africa can appear a little late. Such as appear after the Ethiopia and the Mali finishing the UHV1 of them's.Because it‘s a tight time to finish their UHV1,and nearly have no time to build the combat units.
Thank you~~

I second everything that previous poster have said :goodjob:

Welcome to the forums, shuizhuchenfu :band:

And also a hamble request from me: could you please make railroads more VISIBLE? I need to mouse over every single plot to make sure that Workers had built a railroad there :sad:

I think most of the civs you mentioned have UHVs that emphasize a certain aspect of their history a lot because they were not very successful over a long period of time.

Exception is Rome, which already has been changed, but will get more attention later on (when I'm done with medieval Europe I'll take care of the classical Mediterranean again).

Noviy Port is located in Siberia according to the mouse over info, and yet it does not count as a "Siberian Port" for the 2nd UHV... It totally makes sense but then you should probably create a new region called Arctics so that people don't get confused.

Top Bottom