CivV BNW -- new patch (notes) (mainly MP)

Reposting from the single player thread. There is a way to turn back the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreju View Post
Bring me in contact with the NQ group please. You can find me on steam "7franco4"

Thanks for your instructions on how to turn back the patch! I'm posting them here too for easy reference:

Go to your steam folder
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2
go along this path
"CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll"-file and the "Gameplay" folder
put those two somewhere else on your pc where you can find it
in case you want to redo this
Moderator Action: Links removed
on these two internet adresses you can download the .rar files
exctract those and put them into Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2
start civ V

Every player in a game needs to have done this or the game will crash.

This roll back of the patch includes a smarter AI by steam user ninakoru.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...htext=Smart+AI
fbruun is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Don't ever download dll files from strangers people. It might be safe here for all I know, but it's risky. And it's illegal in this case.

The latest patch especially all those repetitive resynchs causing diverse bugs and crashes made multiplayer games very hard to manage. Luckily, I have a prepatch version of the Gameplay folder and the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll because I was playing lots of mp games with a friend of mine and we wanted to play with modified game rules.We removed the xcom squad and added the smart AI mod to the game. Therefore I made a backup of the original folder so whenever I'm going to play with someone else or an FFA for example(where you should come in with uneditted files of civ V) I could exchange the modified folder and file by the original ones again. When the patch was published, I the prepatch Gameplay folder survived.

So, I'll give instructions to roll back to the former patch for anyone who is interested:
First I want to mention that every player of an mp game has to have this done, not only one.Otherwhise the game will crash.
Go to your steam folder(you should be able to find it in your programs folder) and follow this path:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2
Cut out the "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll"-file and the "Gameplay" folder
and put those two somewhere else on your pc where you can find it
just in case you want to redo this.Now download the two attached .rar files.
Exctract those and put them into Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2
Now you can play Civ V mp games with players who have done the same. Everything is like in prepatch times.
The resynch bugs disappeared but also the diplomacy bug for example returns, cocao and bisons are removed etc.

The CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll- file implies the Smart AI mod (not many changes, or any gamebreaking change), published by steam user ninakoru in the steam workshop.
I'm not sure if you could also play with the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll-file of the current patch version without problems and didn't test it out yet.

Moderator Action: Removed attachments. Do NOT post non-official downloads of base-game files, modified or not.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Don't ever download dll files from strangers people. It might be safe here for all I know, but it's risky. And it's illegal in this case.

The .dll file is safe ofcourse. It's actually identic to the .dll file of the former patch.
How should you trust any mod published in the steam workshop?By installing them you are downloading a lot of .dll -files.

I would be wary of files from strangers. But in this case it's illegal too.

Thanks for the rollback instructions but I just play public online so it still doesn't help since noone's trying to play anymore and if they were, they would be on the current patch.

Not much to do but wait for the fix though with Christmas approaching I guess I'll have to find another game to play.

With how large map and how many players? Im planning to make 5-6 players large or huge map MP game, it will serve as a final judgement.

Yesterday i hosted a 6 man ffa on a small pangea and we played a smooth 190 turns. I was kinda euphoric, would even have posted a "thank you" if the threads to do so had not been closed already.

Today i started four games and had four scraps, mainly because the game would freeze at some point and wasnt restorasble.

so the fixed the game to the point it was before? crappy but somewhat manageble?

Umm, I started playing multiplayer recently, and it seems far from fixed.

3 player games run fairly decently, but there are often resyncs every 30 or so turns. The more annoying part is getting stuck without being able to do anything.

4 player was totally different. I was playing with 3 other friends, 2 of which share the same connection (roommates). After a certain point in our game, they both kept simultaneously DCing, and would also be booted off Steam briefly. They'd come back and the game would desync. We'd try again and again and eventually the game would go on... for 1 turn. Then they get booted again. It's really ridiculous. Afterwards, tried 3 players again with just one of them, and he got booted once in a new game. Same thing, DCed off Steam. But his roommate (who was not playing) did not get booted off Steam, so it's not just due to an unstable network...

mp is a insolence! a bunch of desyncs even without mods not to mention with modpacks pffffff... better playing civ 4 bts with realism invictus mod.

nobody has a fix for that. shame on 2k and firaxis !!!

Top Bottom