Erebus

zxcvbnm

The Nobody
Erebus is a forum RPG in the world of the Fall from Heaven II mod.

It has been nearly 50 years since the death of Mulcarn. Few people ever learned the details of his fall, but the change in the world was undeniable. Nations came out from the hovels and caves that they had been hiding in to again spread the dominion of man upon the earth as it slowly thawed.
The first generation born after the thaw has come into power, and the second has come of age. The Age of Ice is not even a memory to most of the population at this point. Old gods have been rediscovered, leading to new conflicts.
Such as the war just ended between the Lanun Confederation and the Bannor Empire. The Bannor declared war to purge their neighbor to the west of a new and frightening cult. Two small border cities were lost to the Bannor in the Adrian Fields area near Torrolerial, as well as Paradera, a bustling port town on the Isthmus of the Lost. Peace was soon sought by the Bannor, claiming their objective was accomplished, though the suddenness of the offer suggested some internal strife.
Meanwhile in the city of Paradera is still occupied by the Bannor and has been since just before the war ended a month ago. The Order Inquisitor and his entourage have arrived, and are beginning to investigate the remnants of the cult of the Octopus Overlords. Perhaps this was the only heresy… but a city the size of Paradera can hold many secrets.

The commandments:
1. I am the Game Engine your DM#2, Nikis-Knight is the DM#1, you shall have no other DMs before us.
2. You shall not mock the DMs.
3. You shall not try to be the DM. You might become another DM in other game or this game if we can't DM it all the time, but to keep your chances high you shall not annoy us.
4. You shall not question the DMs's decisions unless the DMs's posts are contradictory and their logic is failing. We have all rights to overrule any of your actions or change it's happening time if it suits us.
5. You shall post a copy of your PM's about this game to both of us
6. You shall not roleplay badly. Good roleplaying will be rewarded and we are not responsible if you are struck by lightning if you roleplay badly.
7. You shall not complain about my bad enilshg if such exists
8. You shall not covet your fellow player's possessions, or you may, but you may not kill him or her to get them, or you may but only if it's roleplayingly logical. But you may not make your fellow player's life too difficult.
9. In PbF RPGs where you keep your own stats/inventory list you shall not change them anyway unless the DMs approve.
10. You shall not object to these rules unless the objection is sensible and fair. Even then you shall not object to the rules 1-3.

Nikis-Knight is the DM #1 who runs the story
I am the DM #2, meaning the one who does all boring stuff like rolls dice if needed

No more sign-ups
already in:
Nikis-Knight DM #1
zxcvbnm DM #2
Kjaaly
kenken244
thomas.berubeg
Bad Player
mipe
Psychic Llamas
Maniac
back-ups or NPCs:
(Blakmane)
Wilboman
Verdian

The game follows D&D-like rules if they are needed, but the main focus is storytelling.

Magic is unrestricted, any player might try any kind of spell and their skills, mana and magic spheres they know affect the results. This might be why 6 of 7 players chose magic-using classes.

Stats are defined by words instead of numbers, varying from very low to very high

Kjaaly:

Name: Tsanal.
Race: Children of Kyorlin
Class: Adept
Alignment: In standart D&D terms, Chaotic Good.
Magic Spheres: Mind, Enchantment, Death, Dimensional

Strenght: Below Average.
Agility: Low.
Constitution: Below Average.
Intelligence: Very high.
Wisdom: Below average.
Charisma: Below average.
Mana: High.

Inventory:
Ring of repel undead (personal item)
Books

Description: Tsanal is a tall Amurite, with shoulder-lenght dark brown hair and green eyes.
He's very curious about most things, and thinks that all knowledge is good, no matter if it's about healing, the past, or raising the dead.

Background: Tsanal has always been frail and clumsy, so as an Amurite, becoming a wizard was a natural choice. Fascinated by the more complex arts such as Death and the Mind, he journeyed to Paradera to find others of his kind who could teach him. Some time after arriving, he decided that there weren't much to learn there, so he found some adventurers he could join, and that way learn more about the arcane arts.

mipe:
:backstab:
Name: Mipe
Race: Children of Kylorin
Class: Disciple of Esus
Alignment: some sort of neutral-evil
Magic: *Esus*

Strength:low
Agility:average
Constitution:below average
Intelligence: above average
Wisdom:above average
Charisma: high
Mana: below average

Inventory:
Sneaky Dagger (personal item)(hidden)
staff
mage guild map

Mipe's parents were different from most of families. His father was a priest of Octopus Overlords and everyone told him all secrets. Then he telled them to Mipe's mother, a thief. Mipe's family got lots of money, but he didnt want that. He only wanted to be a priest like his father.
At age of 6, Mipe's parents started to teach everything about their careers, and he soon became able to steal (well, actually talk them to give stuff) from neighbours and then sacrificed them to Esus. That went on for 7 years, then his father found out that mipe wasn't sacrificing all those things for the Overlords and he went and and took mipe to city of Paradera (his family lived several miles away from the town) and left him there.

Psychic_Llamas:

Name: Mryddyn
Race: Ljosalfar
Class: Disciple
Deity: Cernunnos
Alignment: True Neutral
Magic Spheres: *Cernunnos*

Stats:
strength: low
agility: Average
constitution: Low
wisdom: Very High
Intelligence: average
charisma: high
mana: average
-nature affinity-

Inventory:
Shaping gloves (personal item)
staff
poison ivy seeds
carnivore plant seeds
confusion spores
sleep spores
7 energising potions
2 healing potions
3 healing salves

Mryddin is tall for his race, with jet black hair and eyes the colour of new leaves in the sunlight. His manner is confusing, initially comming across as detatched and solemn, but when he warms to someone his demeanor becomes vibrant and almost jovial, and his good nature seems to rub off on those around him.

Mryddin is not an old elf, being born just days before the death of Mulcarn and the end of the age of ice. he does not remember much of those days, but he does have a severe distaste for cold and winter, knowing that such a side of nature wrought havoc over Erebus, and resulted in the death of his older sister Ganell, and his father, who died from frostbite after his home and the remnant forest that it was nestled in was demolished in a fierce ice storm. Miraculously he and his mother survived, and from that dayforward, his mother vowed to put a stop this endless winter. She turned all her efforts to following the ways of Cernunnos and prayed that life and nature would be brought back to Erebus before her son had to witness the horrors of it. Since that day, Mryddin has been brought up in a house totally devoted to Cernunnos, and his goal in this life is to drag the world from the clutchs of Mulcarn and his followers. He thus has a sever dislike of anyone who is involved with such madness.

thomas.berubeg:
:snowcool:
Name: Thomas
Race: Illian
Proffession: Disciple
Deity: Mulcarn
Magic Spheres: *Mulcarn*

Strength: Low
Agility: Below average
Constitution: below average
Wisdom: average
Charisma: Very high
Mana: above average
-cold resistance-

Inventory:
Eternal Ice (personal item)
staff
gold thread

kenken244:

Name:Ken
Race: Children of Kyorlin
Class: Adept
Alignment:
Magic Spheres: Entropy, Force, Fire

strength: low
agility: low
constitution: below average
wisdom: low
Intelligence: high
charisma: high
mana: very high

Inventory:
Amulet of Charisma
staff

Backstory:
He grew up in a very wealthy family so he is very well educated but does not know the many things in life that less wealthy people know about the world. He rarely feels the need to do any sort of physical labor and prefers to defeat his enemies with his own spells instead of summoning other creatures or helping others in his party.He usually does not get along with other people and prefers to keep to himself.

Maniac:

Name: Munak
Race: Human / Kuriotate
Class: Disciple
Alignment: Neutral Good.
Deity: Cult of the Dragon

Strenght: Low
Agility: Above Average
Constitution: Low
Intelligence: Average
Wisdom: High
Charisma: Average
Mana: Average
-Animal mastery-
familiars: Gung Fu (pig)

Inventory:
Locked chest (personal item)
2 tessens
staff
chopsticks
12 hairpins
a leather backpack
flasks of oil
Tinder Box, with flint & steel
incense sticks

Munak was born in a simple farming village, in what would later become Kuriotate territory. Her father was the local priest, as much as you could call that someone in a small village. The object of worship in those parts was the Dragon, a mythical beast from ages past about which many fantastical tales existed, and which was believed to give strength and protect to those who paid respects to it. In these early days of the Age of Rebirth it wasn't an organized religion at all though, but still in the stage of folkbeliefs, and thus didn't have some strict doctrine or detailed rituals.
Her father wanted his only daughter Munak to follow into his footsteps and become the next priest, believing this would be the best guarantee for a safe future for her. Instead of paying strong attention to her father's lessons, Munak has always been more interested though in playing with the neighbour's kittens and other animals, leaving some gaps in her knowledge about her father's religion. She assumes this is why many of the prayers she directs at the Dragon God don't seem to have any effect. Her sometimes lacking knowledge about Dragon folklore doesn't mean she doesn't like dragons though - surely they must be the most friendly animals in existence!
Desperated at the fact that Munak didn't seem ready yet to become a true priest despite soon becoming 21, her father has suggested her to go visit her uncle at the city of Paradera, where her uncle went to seek his fortune, and found it. This uncle also believes in the Dragon lore, and has many friends there in the city who also do, thus her father thought this may be the ideal place to finish her education away from the distractions of the countryside's animals. This was not counting on the Bannor however, who just happened to decide to invade Paramera while Munak was there. Now she's stuck in the city.

Munak has a pet pig named Gung Fu which accompanies her everywhere, and who she believes is her lucky charm. Reason for the pig is because she was born in the Year of the Pig herself (the area where she came from assigned animal names to years). Also pigs are pink, which happens to be Munak's favourite colour, and fortunately a colour dragon cultists like to dress in.

Bad Player:
:groucho:
Name: Nindoro
Race: Human
Profession: Rogue
Deity: Agnostic
Alignment: Neutral-Evil

Strength: Low
Agility: Very high
Constitution: Low
Intelligence: Above average
Wisdom: Low
Charisma: High
Mana: Average
-Charm person/ladies-

Inventory:
staff
explosive potion
reagents
2 opening rings (s)

Introduced as Nindoro though many call him Bane. Nindoro arrived in Paradera from Bannor lands with the occupation of Paradera. Making the most of the hustle and bustle of a port town, Nindoro has been able to remain discreet as he fleeces the sheep of the town. Sometimes a crazed look in his eyes reveals his troubled past and the many personal demons he is fleeing.

Outsiders please don't post here

[tab]Paradera is a large city shorn in two by the canal leading to the Sea of Stars, so named when Bhall fell amidst a hail of comets. This canal links the Amurite aristocracy and the Bannor Empire with the wider world via the Aegean Sea, so the city’s strategic importance is obvious. The area of the town to the west of the canal contains the man harbor, industry, and slums. The east has the noble houses and civic buildings, and the Inn in which many outsiders are staying.

[tab]The Inn door opens shortly after supper is served, interrupting the ballad of a bard. A tall pale elf walks in first, without a word, but gives the Innkeeper a nod as a second man enters, a heavyset human. He wears fine clothes and is well-groomed. He addresses those in the common room.
[tab]“Greetings. I have a task for which I need some urgent assistance. I own a shipping company based in this city, and I have reason to believe that a rival has targeted my ship, the Long Vision, for sabotage. This would ruin me, but the Bannor are unwilling to help a local and the Lanun guardsmen have either fled south or joined the resistance against the Bannor, so I must go around the law for this. For this work I would pay upfront fifty coins a head, sails or swords, and another fifty when I am able to launch my vessel. I expect I will be able to bring the vessel in to port tomorrow, and it must remain there until inspections are complete and provisions are loaded, perhaps a week’s time. The Innkeeper here, Mr. Nan, can give you my address, and I expect some hard-working, gallant souls to show up at my home shortly afternoon tomorrow.” He looks around the room, noticing a couple patrons are reading texts written in ancient Patrian. “I would add that I have some connections in town, and a good word from me would go far with the local mage guild. Anyway, I know that this town’s troubles have been hard especially on travelers, and this would be and excellent way to get all our finances back together. Good evening.”
[tab]No sooner does the merchant leave than the Curfew Horn is heard. This recent addition to Paradera is a tactic of the occupying Bannor army to end the resistance of the town.
[tab]Most of those seated around the common room obviously have no intention of taking the man up on his offer. Those with wits and brains a dangerous task would require are otherwise employed, except for a handful of travelers who make their way over to the Innkeeper. Nan answers that he knows the merchant as Corvanes, and gives his address, a home up the road to the East, near the Wall Market.
[tab]In the meantime, the few brave travelers turn to each other, their potential allies for the coming week.

[Now would be the time to introduce yourselves. Be aware that what you’ve posted in the character sheets isn’t necessarily known—and some points may not win you friends, so you should have a cover story.]

man in black cape in corner starts to talk to himself.
"ohh... 100 gold pieces for guarding 1 ship for week... I hope there is someone else than me who is interested to help me.."

"Hmm, no harm in trying... I could use the money."

Btw, are ships allowed to leave the city??

You all have a vision

It is a vague shade, which speaks to you:
"You'd better go and fetch your stuff from your rooms before you go anywhere."

You don't have much left. What you didn't eat or wear you sold to get money to pay your living as leaving the city has been impossible for weeks and the army takes a lot of food. Black market has been the only way to get anything more than the staple diet, and prices have been sky-high.

The army has declared a quarantine for one reason or another but as the inquisition has arrived you suspect it's to prevent some religious heresies from escaping the town. You have heard about some cult worshipping powers under the Aegean sea. You assume you are safe as long as the cult exists in Paradera, as Bannor soldiers will be hunting them, but when the cult is purged, it's another issue. An Order demagogue staying in the same inn might make your life very difficult, as the Bannor empire doesn't exactly have a history of tolerance towards eccentrics.

"huh, there's only 2 of us who wants to get 100 gold for easy money... normally it would be good because the money is shared but that elf guy said he gives 100 to each one... *looks confused* there is something wrong with that... but easy money is easy money!" Mipe gets up from the chair and heads upstairs to his room...

// OFF-TOPIC: someone said that DMs choose what stuff everyone gets, is that right or can we choose weapons/armors on our own? (just as long as they arent any uber weps/armors.) also, I can usually get 1-2 messages in morning, and I then have to go school, after school I can usually visit forums once in ½hour.

*a tall elf in the corner jumps to his feet, shocked by the presence of the shade, he then dashes for the stairs and heads to his room to gather his things, and with a quick glance to the first three who spoke he leaves*

Your rooms are relatively simple: a bed, and a closet to hold your possessions. Everything valuable has been sold earlier, except a couple of items with personal importance. Possessing weapons is illegal unless they are in the army's storehouses. You might get them back when you leave the town but because of the risk of resistance you aren't allowed to carry them around.

[game-wise: you all have your clothes, which are default and aren't shown. You have one personal item you may choose freely, but it's value can't be higher than one would except with your backstory. Please tell what item it is. The rest will depend on your class. Your inventory will show these items as stored]

The tall amurite with the long hair, sitting at one of the tables, suddenly looks up and says: "I'm going. Gold is always useful, and a good reputation with the mage guild is even better."
He goes to his room and fetches his things. He then goes back and says: "So, when are we leaving?"

OOC: [I have a small, worthless brass ring with a minor "Repell Undead" spell (Which ironically only works on the wearer) enchanted on it. The story behind this involves experimenting with putting it on a dead rat, and reviving it as undead... By the way, I also updated my characters stats before we started. He now has dimensional too, but his constitution is below average.]

Mipe locks tightly the door to his room and checks every place that no one can see him and then goes to closet and takes his small dagger (which he said was just a normal kitchen knife when guards founded it) and then Mipe puts the dagger carefully inside his cape that no one can see it. Mipe then takes the key to the room, leaves from the room and goes to Innkeeper named Mr. Nan and starts to talk.
"Thank you for letting me stay this night here mr. Nan, the bed was really comfortable from where I usually sleep. Could you give me the address for that elf that came here earlier?"
*looks back to the elf who glanced at him*

Mryddyn arriving at his room strides immediately over to the small closet, he begines packing his clothes and other mundane items in his rucksack but he suddenly stops and stares at a pair of ornate leather gloves... he then decides to slip them over his hands and continues packing...
he then takes his room key, and leaves and goes down back to the common room.

he walks over to the innkeeper and says:
"Thank you for your hospitality Mr. Nan."
turning to the others he says:
"well it looks like we'd better go see what the gentleman requires assistance with...it looks like we'll be together for a while, so, my name is Mryddyn."

My Trinket:
My personal item is my pair of ornate leather gloves. They were crafted by my father, as he was an expert tanner and he dabbled in nature magic. these gloves are unique and allow the wearer to shape wood to what ever shape or size they desire. One could persuade a heavey wooden oak door to rip off its hinges and burst into lively growth, he could persuade the floorboards of a wooden cottage to sprout shoots and vines to entangle opponents, and he can shape a wooden stick into a sharp sword or heavey staff.
however, the gloves drain the life energy of the wearer and transfer it into the wood being shaped, and so the size and complexity of the work is limited by the ammount of energy that can be channeled into the wood. The wearer can 'borrow' energy from others present, but only if they concentrate on lending their energy (ie of their own free will, cannot 'steal' life).

Top Bottom