help: making power more realistic by adding it as a Yield

TekaiI

Chieftain
Hi. This is my first attempt on editing the dll. I haven't got much experience with C++ or programming at all, but i understand the essentials, and i've got a lot of ideas.

Right now i want to make the power-system in Civ4 Bts more realistic, by adding it as a new Yield, that comes from tile improvements (would make modern windmills more realistic. As far as i know, they don't produce food in the real world ;)) and a few buildings. I would like to have some Buildings require power to run some giving bonuses with power and some giving it. I thought of making an power bar like the culture bar (but yellow ;)), that shows the "free" Power as a part of the whole power you have.
In the long run i would want to implement a power network, that works like the trade network. Cities share their power, when they are connected, and at last it would be possible to "trade", power, so that two or more civs share one trade network.
Playing around with the thought is funny enough, but now that i have looked through some parts of the dll i don't know where to beginn.
I believe, that i would have to define the Yield in some way, get new tags into the XML(another iYield everywhere it belongs) and get rid of the old power system. I looked through some files in the dll, that could have something to do with the definition of the Yields, but i couldn't find anything.

so please, if anybody could help me started, i would be really grateful

Top Bottom